• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Fort Saint-Jean

G

Gamblor

I‘m heading out to Fort Saint-Jean on August 10th, I have many questions and I haven‘t found many answers. If anyone has or is currently attending Fort Saint-Jean I‘d really appreciate a contact or someone to ask a few to lots of questions to help me prepare. Also any advice would be greatly appreciated.

One question, how much personal space will I have? I have a laptop as well, and as far as I understand my room door is left open every night, has anyone ever heard of any cases of theft there. I should be picking up a lock and insurance just in case, but I was wondering. Also, is it that physically challenging? I‘ve been playing sports for a few years now, is it harder than conditioning for sports teams?

Oh yea, and they said I should bring $150, is that about right or can someone give me a better idea...

You might want to think twice about the laptop. At my orientation/swearing in I was told not to bring any "shiny" (cool or expensive) gear. This would include CD players and laptops. I think I‘m going to leave my digital camera at home.

One side note: I don‘t think its called Fort St Jean. I‘ve heard it referred to as the Canadian Forces Leadership and Recruit School (CFLRS St Jean). The American‘s say Fort, but in Canada we say Canadian Forces Base (like CFB Petawawa), Canadian Forces Recruiting Centre (like CFRC Hamilton), and similar names.

Back