• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

For those of you who get excited about this stuff

Lovely...! (now I need an equivalent shot of the MGS mid-platform rock... heh!)

Freakin' sweet!!!!

"Firing NOW...............TARGET!"

Regards

I have a slightly better quality .jpg.  If you want it, send me a pm with your email address.

That's an awesome shot!  8)

Heres one i have of a Leopard firing at night

Leopardfiringatnihgt.jpg

George Wallace said:

I'm actually thinking that that is a HESH or WP round.... I'm basing this on the fact that it looks to have the same shape as the HESH amd WP round, vs the sabot round. To be Devil's advocate to my own theory, though, that could be the shock wave ahead of the round, and not anything "solid". I haven't seen any of the highspeed camera photos in a while (of a round being fired), so perhaps tomorrow I will look one up at work to see if my shock wave phenomena theory holds any water. Man, I'm a nerd :-[

That is an outstanding photo, however, and it will make it's way to my desktop at work. Snifff...... how I miss my Leopard days so..... :'( :'(

Althought the Tracer seems to be rather large, if it is Hesh/WP, someone screwed up and fired on the Sabot Scale.  ;D

George Wallace said:
Althought the Tracer seems to be rather large, if it is Hesh/WP, someone screwed up and fired on the Sabot Scale.   ;D

George,

Not too sure about that. Looks like the ground drops away, If they were on the high ground that could explain the lack of gun elevation if firing a hesh/ SH-Prac

No evidence of junk leaving the muzzel as you get with discarding sabot. Looks to be a large projectile, my vote goes to HESH.

I'd say that was at least 105mm - what say you folks?

Yeah!.......and that may be a blue cap on it.......Can anyone make out the white lettering......SH/PRAC?  ;D

:rofl:

I can hardly wait for you to get back RecceDG.....

Regards

Back