• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Field engineer course help

F

fusilier

I will hope fully soon be attending the field engineer‘s QL3 (reg force). Does anybody have any info about the course that they can share with me?

Well, let me just tell you that you are in for a fun, hard, diffcult, course that once completed will feel that you have actually done some thing worth while. Good luck and chimo

Well Said, hey Fusilier do you know Fus. White and Fus. Ho?

It is like any other military course you are set up for success only if you work hard and have a good attitude. Things have changes since I did mine back in 90 however still has the same training motto, in first out last, work until it is done, train to be the fittest person on the battle field, there is more than one solution to the problem and ensure you get a ration and a half at the chow line.  The biggest thing to help yourself is know your basic math and be FIT!!! Good luck.

Bubbles Up!!!

As many have said it's very hard work physically,you will find new muscles you never knew you had. :crybaby:
The best is when you sit back and can say "We built that!",more so when you join your Regiment after doing Civie Tasks and what you have done will be there for 50,75 yrs or more.
Like every time I go up to Slesse Demo Range (the Wack),the Road in we helped build on my dump course back in 77.

Its things like this that puts us apart from our fellow Combat Arms,they have Battle Honours to be proud of etc. We have the actual physical memory of what we have done in the past,as in roads,bridge's etc.

But the best of all,you will come out with a better understanding of how to use geography to your advantage within Engineering and if you stay in long enough and get your courses they will stand you in good Stead on Civie St. for a job any were.

Hey Sapper24, I was in cadets with whitey (if we're talking about the same guy... a MCpl with RHFC?).
I was a 2Lt with RHFC last year, and am now in Ottawa with 3FES.  Are you with the new engineer sqn in Waterloo?

Back