• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Few Questions

A

Armylife

Ok i am new to this site and i am becoming more and more interested in joining the military, i will be going to the recruiting center in a few weeks only becauce i am dealing with a back injury and i want that taken care of first. Untill then i have a few questions, first off my 1st choice will probably be infantry so how do they determine where you are stationed?(i live in kitchener On)do u have a choice or is they say u go? Also im not quite sure how housing works, i know in basic u live on base but after basic how does it work?
thats it for now thx in advance for any help

You usually get a choice, however, at this point, the PPCLI out west is short and more than likely, you‘ll go there. Could be wrong those.

As for housing, very simple, you either live on base in barracks or PMQ‘s or off base. PMQ‘s may be a little hard to acquire for a single guy although it isnt unheard of. If you choose to live off base, you may qualify for a subsidized living allowance. This allowance varies from base to base.

Instead of making a new thread I am going to revive this one.

I applied for Infantry for the Patricia's and I have a girlfriend. My question is can she move with me to where ever I get posted? Or do I have to stay in the barracks for a limited amount of time before she can come with me? I have heard mixed answers from a number of people ( I dont know shit about how housing works).
Also what is the housing like for the Patricia's?

bomber12 said:
Instead of making a new thread I am going to revive this one.

I applied for Infantry for the Patricia's and I have a girlfriend. My question is can she move with me to where ever I get posted? Or do I have to stay in the barracks for a limited amount of time before she can come with me? I have heard mixed answers from a number of people ( I dont know shit about how housing works).
Also what is the housing like for the Patricia's?

CDN Aviator is being easy on you.

Have you bothered to SEARCH:

1.  Common-Law;
2.  Entitlements to Move Spouse;
3.  Single Qtrs in Edmonton;
4.  PPCLI Single Qtrs;
5.  Housing;
6.  Shacks; and
7.  many more variants of the above.

Have you had a look into the Home Front Forum to see if you could find some advice in the topics already posted there?

Have you even been accepted into the CF yet?

Back