• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Father - Brig Gen D.S. Nicholson - Honorary Colonel - Edmonton

rsn48

Inactive
Reaction score
I am trying to find info on my now deceased father.  He was an honorary Colonel in Edmonton roughly around 1974 - 79; the only problem is I don't know where.  He was logistics in the Reg Force (link below for bio) but I never did remember where he was as an Honourary Colonel; I am guessing  with a service unit, but maybe not.  I'm also guessing, perhaps inaccurately that whatever he was Colonel of, has been amalgamated to other units now.

You will notice in the link, there is no mention of his time as an Honorary Colonel, that he was I know, I still have his old DEU with Colonel ranks on it instead of Brig Gen ranks on it:

http://www.cornwallsportshalloffame.com/cgi-win/cshof.exe?LISTING=0534

Even though many years has passed I wish to offer my sincerest condolences on the passing of your father, Colonel Nicholson.  As a Soldier Apprentice in the 1960s I recall him visiting our unit on several occasions.  I also recall the old vets referring to him as a good leader and a very respected officer.  Later on before he retired I served in his Directorate at NDHQ RIP Colonel.  Rob

Back