• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Fallen Comrades (serving Canadian military)

Guy Incognito said:
With much sadness I pass along that Maj Sharon Broadbent died today, losing her battle with cancer. She was the A3 Aerospace Coordinator at 1 Cdn Air Div in Winnipeg.

Obit and funeral details as they become available.

RIP Ma'am. You will be missed.

Very sad news.  Sharon was a fighter and no doubt gave the cancer a good battle.  Thoughts and prayers to her family and friends.

RIP Sharon.  :salute:

Good2Golf said:
Very sad news.  Sharon was a fighter and no doubt gave the cancer a good battle.  Thoughts and prayers to her family and friends.

RIP Sharon.  :salute:

RIP Major  :salute: :cdn:

Guy Incognito said:
With much sadness I pass along that Maj Sharon Broadbent died today, losing her battle with cancer. She was the A3 Aerospace Coordinator at 1 Cdn Air Div in Winnipeg.

Awww sh*t!  She was a smart and capable officer.  And a nice person, too.

RIP.

Yesterday, 53 EOD Sqn, 5 RGC, honoured Sap Anne Crevier (1992-2012) during military funerals in Sherbrooke, Qc. Rest in peace, soldier.

CHIMO

Condolences to the family,friends and co-workers of Sap Crevier.  Rest in Peace now.    :salute:    :cdn:

Peter Martin Finn

WGANN152545.jpg

FINN, Peter Martin - At the age of 49 Peter suddenly entered into rest on Saturday November 24, 2012. Loving and best spider buddy (Dad) to his daughters Jordan and Spencer. Best friend and partner in life to Deborah Mitchell. Peter was dedicated to the military serving as RSM to the PWOR and then to the Brockville Rifles, accepting his commission to the rank of Captain in 2010. He served for 33 years and did multiple tours overseas. Predeceased by his parents Charles E. Finn (Ted) and Eleanor B. Finn (Phelan). Brother to Mark (Sandi), Colin (Stephanie), Tim (Debbi), Barry (Karen) Danny (Carole) Finn and Mary Ann (Raymond) Callery. Brother in law to Kristie (Doug) Teofilovic, son in law to Don and Sheila Mitchell and Marlene and Gary Feehan. Dear Uncle to 9 nephews, 11 nieces and one great nephew. Family and friends will be received at the GORDON F. TOMPKINS FUNERAL HOME - TOWNSHIP CHAPEL 435 Davis Drive (Taylor Kidd Blvd. & Centennial Drive) on Wednesday, November 28, 2012 from 7 -9 p.m. and on Thursday, November 29, 2012 from 2-4 & 7-9 p.m. A mass of Christian Burial will be celebrated in St. Mary's Cathedral 279 Johnson St., Kingston on Friday, November 30, 2012 at 10:30 a.m. Rite of Committal with prayers will take place at Chippawa Cemetery, Enterprise at 3:00 p.m. As expressions of Sympathy, donations may be made to the Wounded Warriors in memory of Peter. 12134319

I had the pleasure of meeting Peter, recently, when Military Minds took us to see KISS in concert;  He is stand right behind me in this pic  (I am the fat kid to the far left, kneeling with my tongue out....)

332198_10152111939390481_1633370052_o.jpg

Had the pleasure of working with Pete a long time ago when he was a WO, he was a great guy, it was his people and soldier skills that helped train and lead the up coming PWORs of his time into such a close group of soldiers and very skilled and so proud of themselves and their Regiment. I am sure he took this concept to the Brocks during his time there. Proud to have known you Pete. Rest Easy, the tour is over

As posted in the St Catharines Standard:
http://yourlifemoments.ca/sitepages/obituary.asp?oId=690975

MARCOTTE, Alexander Ross - Tragically at home, March 18, 2013, age 18. Beloved son of Wendy Fisher and Charles Marcotte. Devoted step-son of Peter Fisher and Tim Mallory. Survived by his older brother Douglas. Cherished grandson of Dr. Andrew and Dawn Fisher, Conrad and Jeannine Marcotte, and Nana Doris Dingsdale, Scotland. Survived by aunts, uncles and cousins. Alex was a proud member of the 56th Artillery Regiment with the Canadian Armed Forces Reserve. Cremation has taken place. A Memorial Service to celebrate Alex's life to be held Friday at 4 p.m. at PATTERSON FUNERAL HOME , 6062 Main St. Niagara Falls. In memory of Alex, donations to Wounded Warriors Canada (www.woundedwarriors.ca) would be appreciated by his family. On-line condolences at www.pattersonfuneralhome.com

Making this all the more tragic for the Marcotte family is that Alexander's sister Victoria, just 16, died last year.
My sincere condolences to the Marcotte family, and to all those that knew Alexander

My condolences to the family, friends and fellow soldiers.  Another gone too soon.  :'(

Our condolences to the family and comrades of Alexander Marcotte.  :salute: :cdn:

RIP soldier....

It is with great sadness I report the death of WO Jamie Dorling (Rad Op, Sig Op, ACISS).  Jamie passed away yesterday at home.  I will post details as I get them if possible as I will be on JOINTEX.

VVV  :salute:

211RadOp said:
It is with great sadness I report the death of WO Jamie Dorling (Rad Op, Sig Op, ACISS).  Jamie passed away  :cdn: :cdn: :cdn:yesterday at home.  I will post details as I get them if possible as I will be on JOINTEX.

VVV  :salute:

On behalf of the Royal Winnipeg Rifles and the Queen's Own Cameron Highlanders of Canada, please pass our condolences to the family and comrades of WO Dorling.

RIP WO  :salute: :cdn:

His wife is our Comd's secretary. It was a bit of a shock around here.

A lot of a shock around the Regt today as well.  I saw Jamie on Sunday at Costco, and other than limping because of his surgery, he was fine.

Another one too soon. Jamie was my CCO when I first transferred to the RegF. Great guy. RIP Jamie.  :salute:

Warrant Officer "Andy" Johnson, passed away 7 July 2013
Andy was one of the last "all round" AIGs, able to work OP, CP, Gunline, and even locating. Was one of the first trained on the M777 by the US NETT in Ft Sill, and helped train 1 RCHA gun dets before they deployed in 06.
Besides all that, he was one of the easiest going people I've ever met.

http://www.inmemoriam.ca/view-announcement-374121-andrew-johnson.html

Maj Louis Beglaw, Royal Westminster Regiment, passed away last week. Memorial service this coming Friday in New West. He also served with the West Van police:

WVPD In Mourning - Cst Louis Beglaw 

2013 September 18

Cst Jeff Palmer

604 925 7429 Desk

West Vancouver Police are mourning the loss of a loved and respected colleague and friend, and preparing with family to celebrate his life.

West Vancouver Police K9 Officer Cst. Louis Beglaw passed away Monday, September 16, 2013, after suffering a medical emergency while on duty at WVPD Headquarters.

Our Police family shares the immense grief and loss felt by his wife Sarah, their two young children, their family and all of the friends, colleagues and others whose lives were touched by Louis.

Cst. Louis Beglaw joined West Vancouver Police in 2003, after a military career that culminated with service as the Deputy Commanding Officer of the Royal Westminster Regiment of the Canadian Army Reserve.

Cst. Beglaw graduated with fellow members of JIBC Police Academy Class #98 in 2004 and undertook a policing career with WVPD that, in the words of Chief Cst. Peter Lepine “defined every single core value that our department stands for.”

Cst. Beglaw qualified as a Police Service  Dog handler in 2007 and has patrolled since with Police Service Dog Capone.  However, despite the love he had for his military and policing careers, it was always clear his greatest love was for his family.

A memorial service for Louis will be held at the Queen’s Park Arena in New Westminster, B.C. (access via 1st Street 3rd Avenue) on Friday September 27, 2013 at 12:30pm. The service is open to all friends, family, military personnel, emergency responders and members of the law enforcement community.

Click Here To Visit The Beglaw Family Facebook Memorial Page
https://www.facebook.com/louisbeglaw

West Vancouver Police and Cst. Beglaw’s family wish to publicly thank responding members of West Vancouver Fire and Rescue and BC Ambulance Services for their valiant efforts Monday and to thank all those who have forwarded messages of condolence and support.

Capt David Wylde.

541401_10151589655780755_995189438_n.jpg

David Wayne Wylde
30 Sep 2013

Funeral Date, Time and Location
No funeral service

Resting Location: Davidson's Funeral Home

Visitation Period: Thurs, Oct 3: 2pm to 7 pm only

Donations/Wishes: In memory of David donations may be made to NB Heart & Stroke Foundation.

Comments: Mr. David Wayne Wylde husband of Theresa (Goguen) Wylde of Semiwagon Road, Barnaby, passed away suddenly on Monday September 30, 20013 at Miramichi Regional Hospital, at the age of 57. Born in Sydney Nova Scotia, he was the son of the late Harold and Jean Mary (Sheppard) Wylde. He was a retired engineer for the Canadian Armed Forces and a member of the Anglican Church.

Besides his wife Theresa he is survived by one daughter; Sarah Elizabeth Wylde of Kentville, Nova Scotia, two sisters; Heather Wylde of Dartmouth Nova Scotia and Donna Finnigan (Buddy) of Lower Sackville, Nova Scotia, two brothers; Doug (Lillian) of West Mount, Nova Scotia and John (Janet) of Sydney, Nova Scotia. Besides his mother he was predeceased by one brother Sandy and one infant sister Elinor.

Mr. David Wayne Wylde is resting at Davidson’s Funeral Home, 597 Old King George Hwy, Miramichi, with visitation on Thursday October 3, 2013 from 2pm to 7pm only. At the request of the family there will be no funeral service.

In memory of David donations may be made to NB Heart & Stroke Foundation

I worked with him at CFSME RETS for the past number of years and you will be missed dearly.

RIP Sapper

CHIMO!

Back