• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Extra Curricular Sports: how does it work?

Bzzliteyr

Army.ca Veteran
Inactive
Reaction score
This is going to sound like a seriously numpty question but up until now I have never played an organized sport outside of the military.

I am currently a part of a local roller derby league in Calgary.

What do I have to do (if anything) to let the military know I am doing this? What about medical coverage, how does that come in to play in the event of an injury?

Any info would be valuable for everyone I am sure.

The only "coverage" issue I've seen is PSP wanting it put on your EXPRES form. Generally speaking, sports activities conducted on your own time do not qualify for pension/disability coverage. Your medical coverage is the same as if you were injured on duty.

ModlrMike said:
The only "coverage" issue I've seen is PSP wanting it put on your EXPRES form. Generally speaking, sports activities conducted on your own time do not qualify for pension/disability coverage.

I can see VAC not covering, but if there is a serious injury shouldn't SISIP LTD kick in? If it doesn't, why are we forced to pay into it?

I have no doubts about coverage actually as with aftermarket kit.. we're covered.

It's more about the chain of command questions...

Back