• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

EOtech 552 For Brother In A-Stan

Status
Not open for further replies.

BARBARIAN.X

Inactive
Reaction score
I’m looking to purchase an EOtech 552.A65 Rev F for my brother that recently shipped out to A-Stan. I had an excellent deal in the US for $390 plus a free G2 but when I gave them the Belleville address they said they might not be able to do it because of restrictions with dealers in Canada. I understand why this is but it is total BS when we are talking about shipping gear to soldiers overseas. I’m waiting for confirmation that they can’t do the deal so in the meantime I figured I better check here in Canada. Where can I find a good deal here in Canada? Thanks.

he can't mount an EOTech on his weapon unless it's been issued to him for that purpose.

Or, is your brother in the US army? If so, disregard.

May I be the first to tell you:

STOP.

First off, if he needed one, he would have been issued one.
Second, holographic sites are really only good up to 150-200 m, and has no magnfication, so may not be suited for fighting in the hills outside the city. It might not be what is useful for him.
Third, do you really want to spend +$350 US on a weapons sight he may only use for the next 4-6 months?

Finally, if he's with the RCR...chances are they won't let him use it anyway.

On the other hand, I think you are well intentioned. Good on you, and good luck.

Some info from the site here: http://forums.army.ca/forums/threads/18288/post-92391.html#msg92391

"First off, if he needed one, he would have been issued one. "

You don't NEED any sort of optics, but they make fighting a bit easier.  He's probably got an C79 on his rifle...junk.

"Third, do you really want to spend +$350 US on a weapons sight he may only use for the next 4-6 months?"

I don't let money get in the way of any purchases that help me do my job better overseas. $350 is nothing and he can use it for years or sell it when he gets home.

"Finally, if he's with the RCR...chances are they won't let him use it anyway."

True, but can't hurt to try.

You probably won't be able to get the Eotech shipped from the US to Belleville. You could try TSE in Calgary or P&D in Edmonton. Why not just get him to ship it to a US unit's APO once he's over there?

He is a FOO/FAC. Would he be allowed to use the EOtech on his C8?
My understanding is that a lot of engagements are within 50 meters and I would assume that anything long range would be pounded from the air and the 25mm on the LAV.
No disrespect but when it comes to money maybe you don't understand the word "brothers". I'd sell everything I have including my soul to give him an edge and if there was anyway possible I'd be there with him now. Thanks guys for giving me a few places to checkout but I guess I will have to wait and see if he is allowed to use it.

There will be NO problem mounting it on his weapon.

If you take a look on my website at the very bottom picture you will notice that's not an Elcan on the C7.  He is with 1RCR at the moment overseas.

The are quite a few Canadian dealers of the EOTechs that will have no problem shipping it overseas for you.

Farmboy said:
  There will be NO problem mounting it on his weapon.
I beg to differ. Some troops have EOTechs issued to them. Some don't. Some senior-types look the other way when troops add/change things on their kit. Others don't. And they charge you.

His best bet is to clear it with his brother.

i used an EOtech on my C8, but after a engagment of about 200m were an combatant was moving right to left , i tuffed it for either an open sight or back to the ELCAN. But hey looks cool on the weapon if thats what your going for! :p

silentbutdeadly! said:
i used an EOtech on my C8, but after a engagment of about 200m were an combatant was moving right to left , i tuffed it for either an open sight or back to the ELCAN. But hey looks cool on the weapon if thats what your going for! :p

Does that mean you can't see the iron sights with an EOtech mounted on a C8? I've had a bunch of yanks tell me they have no problem reaching out and touching someone at that distance with an aimpoint or eotech but I have no experience with either.
What about an Aimpoint Comp M3, can you see the iron sights?
Thanks.

With a rear BUIS you can still use your irons with an Eotech, Aimpoint, Short Dot...whatever.

EoTech/Aimpoint????? Comes down to matter of perference. EoTechs are better for hitting moving targets are shooting from a moving vehicle. You can cowitness back-up iron sights with both the EoTech and Aimpoint. I use both and like both of them. The only problem is changing from close (-100m) engagements to long (+100m) engagements. Aimpoint has the 3x magnifier but it costs as mush as an Aimpoint. It will also work behind an EoTech. Once the EoTech is zeroed you can always pop it off and replace it with the C79 if longer range shooting is required. It will hold it's zero.

I say send it to him, a front grip may be useful as well. 

silentbutdeadly! said:
the yanks all have Aimpts mostly, i think the aimpionts would be better!

I've also run an Aimpoint on AKs, Sigs, FNs, and M4s here.  It's personal preference which is better Eotech or Aimpoint. If buying a new aimpoint I'd go for the M3 with 2MOA.  The M2's 4MOA dot is a bit large at long distances.

If you really love your brother, buy him a Short Dot  ;D

m4001kh1.jpg

all right. Everyone STOP telling this guy to send his brother anything. Seriously.

I've seen troops get charged for adding a simple front handgrip to their weapon. Let's not get the bleedin' FOO charged! He's kinda vital to the effort.

Once Barbarian gets word back from his brother as to whether a) he actually WANTS a different sight, and b) he's ALLOWED to have a different sight, then he can start making decisions.

Until that time, this thread can continue to discuss the merits of various weapons sights, but nobody, NOBODY, encourages ANYBODY to send ANYTHING to ANYONE. Geezus H Kee-rist, and his li'l wee donkey! Would you people think?

paracowboy said:
all right. Everyone STOP telling this guy to send his brother anything. Seriously.

I've seen troops get charged for adding a simple front handgrip to their weapon. Let's not get the bleedin' FOO charged! He's kinda vital to the effort.

Once Barbarian gets word back from his brother as to whether a) he actually WANTS a different sight, and b) he's ALLOWED to have a different sight, then he can start making decisions.

Until that time, this thread can continue to discuss the merits of various weapons sights, but nobody, NOBODY, encourages ANYBODY to send ANYTHING to ANYONE. Geezus H Kee-rist, and his li'l wee donkey! Would you people think?
Since this person is a FOO, wouldn't you think that he has enough gumption to decide weather he should make a Mod to his weapon or not? I think you don't give him enough credit, I say send it to him and let him make the call, he wants to roll the bones, so be it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back