• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

EOtech 552 For Brother In A-Stan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Big Red and I have similar tastes is weapons  ;)
IMG_0871.jpg

The EOTECH 552 RevF has a 64 MOA circle and a 1 MOA dot (inside the circle)

reticle picture (albiet thru a PVS-14 MNVG)
114-1416_IMG.jpg

AS BigRed said - the EOTECH should be used with a BIS - even the crappy CF one is better than nothing.  However hitting tgts out to 300-400m is Not impossible with the EOTECH -- the issue is of course spotting a tgt with unmagnified vision...  once you see a tgt -- put the dot on the tgt -- out to 400m the bullet drop is not dramatic enough to cause issues with anything longer than a C8CQB (10" bbl).  
I had one when I was in the CF in Afghan good for some roles not ideal for others.

IF the FOO can use it -- go for it.
If he's gone to a pers weapon the Shit has really hit the fan and the EOTECH will help at that range.

PB&J said:
Since this person is a FOO, wouldn't you think that he has enough gumption to decide weather he should make a Mod to his weapon or not? I think you don't give him enough credit, I say send it to him and let him make the call, he wants to roll the bones, so be it.

It's not his call to make....period.

Regardless of rank, position or gumption, you cannot modify your weapon without authorization from higher.

...and I'm not talking about adding a handle to the handguards or Surefire either.

If he is a FOO, he has a few weapons at his disposal besides a C7 / C8. If it is a C8, more than likely it has the old iron sights and can't be modified besides gun taping it to the  carrying handle.

On another note:

Paracowboy made the rules....you broke 'em, too bad though. Lots of good ideas and valid points.

This thread is now locked.

Regards

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back