• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Enroll Permanent Resident / Naturalized Citizen

m410
you don't have to fill in all the details but a little bit of a pedigree always helps.

m410 said:
Okay, I've been shouted down.  There's a saying that compares flame wars to the Special Olympics so I won't pursue this.  Thanks for the hostility!

For the record, I am currently serving, have some TI, and am in a position of modest authority.  I'm still not filling in my profile.

*pops smoke*
*reverses to cover*

What can we say?  You reap what you sow.......If you insist on taking this track, expect to be treated accordingly.  We know nothing of your "TI" nor your position of "modest authority" so we will treat you as one of several things: a Cadet outside of his Lanes, a Gamer on the wrong Forum, a JTFNinjaSniperWannabe, a Civie, or perhaps just a Troll.  You insist on providing no credentials, and we treat you as having none.  If that is hostile, then that is the way you have asked to be treated.  Not our problem.

Yeah, at one time in the reserves you could be a landed immigrant.  One time one of my guys asked me if he could wear his DEUs to his citizenship ceremony to which the OC replied "Sure, at least you won't be a greasy foreigner anymore"

It wasn't a bad policy.  I had a couple of Africans with oustanding stalking and bushcraft abilities, but needless to say their first winter was... interesting.  The problem is background checks from countries with little to no infrastructure and/or ones that require baksheesh to answer any inquiry from the civil servants.  Another real problem, which goes to backgrounds, is people with previous foreign service in countries well-known for human rights abuses. Obviously there is other problems post-9/11 but I think that overall we are hurting ourselves by not letting landed immigrants apply, I get approached by them quite a bit at public recruiting displays. 

Was in the papers a couple of days ago...
there's another thread on this topic.

Hello I am a 21 year old Fit American male and I want to enlist in the Canadian Forces.Now I know about the lengthly immigration process and I am willing to deal with that as I have already begun it ;).Now what I want to ask is If i get my Perm Res status under a skilled worker, Would I be able to join?I do now have any prior service here in the States but I want to enlist as a Infantryman or a Combat Engineer in the Ca Forces.I am eligable for service here in the states but I want to move to Canada and be a soldier at the same time. So presto now you know why I am a healthy American wanting to leave the home of the Free and the Brave

Also will it help with the immigration process if they know I want to join the military?

For Regular Force you have to be a Canadian Citizen; I think its the same for the Reserves(since a few years ago?) but I'm not positive.

For 100% accurate and up to date info I'd check out www.forces.ca and email a recruiter.

The Ca forces site is down "again" but anyways some were on there it says you can if you have a special skill or a job cant be filled by a citizen...I mean shit I wanna be a grunt..and there needed in every Army..expecially in the times we live in now.

If you want to get into the Military/Infantry ASAP, etc why not just join the US Army or US Marines?

I dont wanna sound to moral...but the canadians are fighting the real war on terror by being in the RIGHT COUNTRY...Nuff said

Yeah Sf guys and Paratroopers but I dont have any say were I will go....and most of the people go to Iraq....But on another note can you awnser my question?

wanaland said:
Yeah Sf guys and Paratroopers but I dont have any say were I will go....and most of the people go to Iraq....But on another note can you awnser my question?

Look at my first reply

Oh an it isn't just SF an Airborne in Afghanistan.. I just got back and yea  there is a lot of SF guys(which you can try out for when you first join the Army) and Airborne(82nd Airborne was leaving when I arrived) but theres also plane jane Army Infantry there aswell plus all the US Marines.

Also, later on say if you do get into the Canadian Army and the Military sends you to some place you don't think we should be what are you gonna do?

wanaland said:
I dont wanna get my thread closed before I can get some USEFULL awnsers...

Yea I gave you the info you wanted.  You need to be a Canadian Citizen to enlist in the Military.

Like I said...Im not moral but I have several close family members in Iraq and they all say the same thing...and I am not going there so can we leave it at that?Im not joining the Us military...and If canada doent except me I might tryout for the FFL ;)

Citizens of another country who have landed immigrant (Permanent Resident) status in Canada may also be considered for enrolment

So your wrong dude

wanaland said:
Citizens of another country who have landed immigrant (Permanent Resident) status in Canada may also be considered for enrolment

So your wrong dude

For the Reserves(I think they require citizenship though)?  Or is this the special skill thing?  Do you know that you have a special skill? And do you want to be employed in that? 

You're right.

Citizens of another country who have landed immigrant (Permanent Resident) status in Canada may also be considered for enrolment.

The thing is that your security verification during the enrolment process is going to be much longer because they are going to check everything x 2. Your Life here in Canada and your life in USA. Criminal file, where were you living, etc...

wanaland said:
Like I said...Im not moral but I have several close family members in Iraq and they all say the same thing...and I am not going there so can we leave it at that?Im not joining the Us military...and If canada doent except me I might tryout for the FFL ;)

So your wrong dude

Sorry you are wrong dude,

Basic Eligibility Requirements     

To be eligible for consideration for the Canadian Forces, you must meet the following minimal conditions:

be a Canadian citizen;
Citizens of another country who have landed immigrant (Permanent Resident) status in Canada may also be considered for enrolment when the CF has need of their skill, when the position cannot be filled by a Canadian citizen, and if the national interest would not be prejudiced. However, only under exceptional circumstances will authority be granted to enrol a citizen of another country.

be 17 years of age (with parental/guardian consent) or older;
junior level Military College applicants must be 16 years of age;
you may be enrolled in the Reserves providing you are 16 years of age;

meet the minimum education requirements for your entry plan and/or occupation;
this can vary from Grade 10 (Sec III in Quebec) for combat arms occupations to a university degree for the Direct Entry Officer entry plan.

What special skills do you have that they would require?  And for what it is worth the site is not down at this time.

http://www.forces.ca/v3/engraph/resources/howtojoin_en.aspx?bhcp=1

dileas

tess

Back