• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Enhanced Reliability Check (ERC) - Merged

As i mentioned i havnt got the letter yet. Its highly unlikely to be a credit issue as fingerprints are to determine criminal records.

Thanks everyone again ill keep everyone posted on how it goes :)

Grimaldus said:
soooooooo, what'd you do ;)

I am sure we have all been wondering the same thing! Since he has all but admitted to some criminal activity, lets ease the tension with a confession!

Stay clean, get some work/volunteer/educational experience, and get your pardon. Try again then.

Grimaldus said:
soooooooo, what'd you do ;)
http://forums.milnet.ca/forums/threads/99973/post-1027933.html#msg1027933

First post, second paragraph should answer your question.

See Article 2.9  --->  http://www.tbs-sct.gc.ca/pol/doc-eng.aspx?id=12330&section=text

"If the requested reliability status is denied, the individual must be briefed and given the reasons for the denial, unless the information is exemptible under the Privacy Act. The individual is also to be advised of the right to redress. See Section 6 for further information on redress."

So they should be giving you the reasons why you were turned down.

Gulruthina said:
Hi Everyone,

Just a quick question in regards to the Employment History section of the form.

There is a section in the Employment History where I have to write my past work history up to (5) years and on the right side it ask of me to write my employer contacts, email addresses and an option where it states, "May we contact = yes or no". My question is, if I put  "May we contact? = No", would that affect my application in any way?

Thanks,
Mark

It means it will take longer to verify the information you are telling the CF.

You are being asked for prints because when your name was run through the "system"  it came back as adverse meaning someone with your name has had an "interesting" past and may/may not be subject to outstanding judicial obligations.  The prints are just confirmation of this information (since it has occurred where people have come back with adverse results but it turned out to be someone with a similar name and date of birth).  If you have been honest and have already disclosed this info to the CF, then its nothing we don't already know, especially if its already come up in an interview. 

New to the site, sorry if this question has been asked previously. I have a secret clearance with my current employee, will this speed up my application process as it is a higher clearance then a relihability?

zClassified said:
New to the site, sorry if this question has been asked previously. I have a secret clearance with my current employee, will this speed up my application process as it is a higher clearance then a relihability?

It should speed up the clearance portion of your enrolment, as you'd simply be going through a reactivation of your clearance.  There are procedures in place to have the level maintained so you don't lose the clearance between civvie and military employment.  The remainder of the recruiting machine grinds along at the same pace, though...unless the stars aligned the right way and you became a candidate for training in an occupation where they had insufficient number of cleared students to begin a class.

Alright thanks for the help, that is kinda what I figured as well when researching about the CF hiring process. I have a college diploma in security management and trying to become a MP so hopefully everything works out and dont crap to bed on the CFAT lol

zClassified said:

I will counter Occam's claims:  If you hold a Federal Government Lvl II Clearance, you can provide your PRI number and employer information to be included in a hardcopy form that can be submitted with your TBS/SCT 330-23e and TBS/SCT 330-60e hardcopies; and this may help some in the speed that your clearance may be completed.  Other than that, a civilian clearance means very little, and may not help you at all.

Thanks for your reply, I just figured having a clearance already would/might speed up the process somewhat seeing that a secret clearance costs money and time (2-5 months depending on if you have a "skeleton in the closet"). Appreciate the info :)

George Wallace said:
I will counter Occam's claims:  If you hold a Federal Government Lvl II Clearance, you can provide your PRI number and employer information to be included in a hardcopy form that can be submitted with your TBS/SCT 330-23e and TBS/SCT 330-60e hardcopies; and this may help some in the speed that your clearance may be completed.  Other than that, a civilian clearance means very little, and may not help you at all.

Is it that much different going from Civ ----> Mil than going in the other direction?  I maintained my clearance without interruption going from CF to the Public Service...

Yes it is different.  The CF and RCMP, CSIS, and CSEC all place a higher importance on investigating your background than other Government Depts.  If zClassified does not hold a Clearance with any of these orgs, or any Federal Government Dept, their Clearance will likely be worthless.

I stand corrected - sorry for the misinformation, zClassified.  Hopefully your current clearance does help somewhat.

Even inside the CF, it's not that simple. I have a Sgt who who retired last July, re-joined last November and is waiting in line with everyone else to get the security clearance he had.

If the OP has some kind of security clearance elsewhere, don't have any expectation that it will speed anything up.

To add to the "confusion", I have a Top Secret security clearance  for my civilian occupation and when I was in the reserves, the CF would not accept the TS, they required their own clearance (enhanced reliability). At the time I refused to complete a security clearance because I had a fear that my civilian clearance would be downgraded. The CF agreed to accept my clearance as is. When I released I found out the CF had nothing for my security clearance.
I think it is case by case and what your local security officer wants to do.

Back