• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Enhanced Reliability Check (ERC) - Merged

"Pre-interview RS Assessment Questions".

Is that this?

Canadian Forces Trait Self Descriptive Personality Inventory 
http://army.ca/forums/threads/109056.0

mariomike said:
"Pre-interview RS Assessment Questions".

Is that this?

Canadian Forces Trait Self Descriptive Personality Inventory 
http://army.ca/forums/threads/109056.0

No.  If I had to "guess" and if the individual has not done the Medical yet, then it sounds as though this might be an abbreviated "Suitability Interview" to determine eligibility to join the CAF.  It's hard to tell at this point.

DAA said:
Are you applying Reg or Res F?  Have you had your Med/Interview yet?

Regular force DEO. I qualified for nearly all officer trades on the CFAT, or so I was told. I passed the medical exam and was going to have the interview on the same day. But the interview was called off 15 minutes before the start when they found out that I must go through a security check. I then filled out some forms and waited for an update in the last 4 months until now.

I actually asked the recruiter what this pre-interview assessment was all about. Unfortunately the recruiter could not tell me anything other than it is for the security background check, because the recruiter didn't know anything else either.

It's so strange that there is very little information about this step in the recruiting process.

p.s. It is not the personality questionnaire. I already took it when I did the CFAT.

DAA said:
No.  If I had to "guess" and if the individual has not done the Medical yet, then it sounds as though this might be an abbreviated "Suitability Interview" to determine eligibility to join the CAF.  It's hard to tell at this point.

Thanks, DAA.

Murky said:
Regular force DEO. I qualified for nearly all officer trades on the CFAT, or so I was told. I passed the medical exam and was going to have the interview on the same day. But the interview was called off 15 minutes before the start when they found out that I must go through a security check. I then filled out some forms and waited for an update in the last 4 months until now.

I actually asked the recruiter what this pre-interview assessment was all about. Unfortunately the recruiter could not tell me anything other than it is for the security background check, because the recruiter didn't know anything else either.

It's so strange that there is very little information about this step in the recruiting process.

Sounds like the Pre-Security Assessment and nothing to be concerned with.  Basic questions and answers.

Yeah don't sweat it. It's by the book, not too much thinking. As long as you are A) Honest with the interviewer. and B) Don't spout out anything too outlandish in response to a question. You should be fine.

I'm 18 and planning on applying to the reserve force at some point within the next year or so, but I'm wondering how long he whole process will take.

Reason I ask is because while I'm a Canadian citizen and have lived here almost all my life, I was born in the UK. I heard that this will extend the process for a very long time with security clearance checks and such. Is this talking like a few extra weeks? Months? I've seen someone mention that a man from Russia waited years before he was contacted again. Just want to know if I'm wasting my time trying to get into the forces or if I'm better off trying to get into a civilian trade.

Thanks

KoB said:
I'm 18 and planning on applying to the reserve force at some point within the next year or so, but I'm wondering how long he whole process will take.

Reason I ask is because while I'm a Canadian citizen and have lived here almost all my life, I was born in the UK. I heard that this will extend the process for a very long time with security clearance checks and such. Is this talking like a few extra weeks? Months? I've seen someone mention that a man from Russia waited years before he was contacted again. Just want to know if I'm wasting my time trying to get into the forces or if I'm better off trying to get into a civilian trade.

Thanks

You already asked this question. The answers won't change. Go read the Guidelines and quit spamming the boards.

---Staff---

Hi,

I am a dual citizen (born in a south american country), moved to Canada several years ago, and got my citizenship in 2013. I did apply for 3 officer trades, and I have already passed CFAT (apparently very competitive results) about one month ago and I am looking forward to my next step into the application process. Also, I have previous military experience serving in my native country armed forces.

I would like to know from a dual citizen perspective (or people that have dual citizens in their squadrons) how has been for them the life within the CAF? if it is possible to get promotions specially as an officer? any sort of discrimination (although I never had experienced any sort of discrimination since I moved to Canada),  or any experience you think may help.

P.S: I know for dual citizens, the security clearance takes way longer than normal.

Thanks.

Honestly, there is no difference between being a Canadian citizen and a Dual National. As long as you are a Canadian citizen and wish to do your part and have been approved for enrollment, you are one of the crew. I am a dual citizen as well and honestly, if you don't tell anyone, nobody will know the difference. Same goes if you do tell people, as long as you pull your weight and are a team player it doesn't matter.

There is a merged thread on Dual Citizenship in the CAF you may find of interest:

Dual citizenship/enrollment, security clearance, etc. (merged)
http://army.ca/forums/threads/29592.50.html

Juliandam26 said:
any sort of discrimination (although I never had experienced any sort of discrimination since I moved to Canada), 

That topic, and Diversity in Recruitment, have been merged into this discussion:
http://army.ca/forums/threads/315.300.html

I served for 25 years, regular and reserve, and was a dual citizen the whole time.  No issues......period !!  :salute:

We have had dual citizens make it pretty far in their careers, including Chief of Defence Staff.  It's really no big deal.

Other countries (south of the border comes to mind) take dual citizenship much more seriously. Canada doesn't.

The only important part of dual citizenship is the Canadian part. Whatever the other part is, just provide some of that part's unique cuisine and fermented/distilled beverage from time-to-time.

the only issue might be with security clearance. You might not get Top Secret right away (if required). For most occupations, secret is enough. For TS they need to confirm your history back 10yrs.

o we need to drop this form (Pre-Enrolment Security Clearance Pre-Assessment Questionnaire) to the CFRC before applying online? or do we have to hand this in when called for CFAT? Thanks

1)  Multiple posts, especially with the same question = spamming = not on at Army.ca.

2)  There's lots of stuff already here - look at aaaaaaallll the posts before yours on this thread (merged to make it easier for you to hunt).

Patience, padawan ....
Yoda-The-Empire-Strikes-Back.jpg

Milnet.ca Staff

The application no longer has a box where you can check off whether or not they can contact employers. I have not been able to find a discussion that says whether or not they will call current employers or not, now that the boxes aren't there. Does this mean that they are called by default or that they aren't called at all.

I have nothing to hide at my workplace, but I don't want my employers to think me a flight risk if my application is rejected.

Back