• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Enhanced Reliability Check (ERC) - Merged

atticus said:
argh, that is one thing I'm not looking forward to. I am sitting here going nuts at quarter to one trying to remember the freaking postal code of a place I haven't lived in for six years, among other little nuiciances I just can't remember. Like do they really care that I washed dishes at ABC Country Resturaunt when I was 14?

You think they care about the postal code of the elementary school I went to when I was 7? Of course they care. :p

Besides, it could be worse. I hear for Level III SA they go back 20 years...

Cpl Bloggins said:
Besides, it could be worse. I hear for Level III SA they go back 20 years...

It's still ten years...the investigation itself would be more detailed for an SA. Current turn-around time for lvl III is 2 years

As a little anecdote, during BOTC, we had to fill those out again. Since I only needed Level II I just filled those parts in. Appearently, I was the only one that did so because when I handed it in, the person collecting them made a comment like, "Oh, the only person who read the instructions".

George Wallace said:
You know....The Boy Scouts have a marvellous motto, one that would do all of us good in our travels through the Universe.  Always "Be Prepared".

If you are not sure, don't waste your time asking here, research those answers, and record them neatly on a piece of paper (ie. open a Word Doc and save them on the computer you are currently using) and have them handy for when you go to the Recruiting Center.  If you need a Level III, then you will have the answers already done.  If you don't need the Level III Clearance, then you can file them away until you do need them. 

well since the last time a post was made on this subject, i have been granted security clearance, did updated pt(passed), medical(passed) and interview(passed), now have been told today when i called that my file has to go to Ottawa (again) for another security clearance?  i am not sure why if i was granted security clearance within a couple of months ago, why would my file have to go to Ottawa again?

Hi All,

My security clearance took almost 2 years and 8 months . My fingerprint clearance took an additional 6 months so if it will take u a small period of time to get the clearance then consider yourself lucky. ;)

well i guess i stirred the pot enough to get some answers..............emailed the PO1 that interviewed me and let him know what was happening, he replied to me, told me he would look into what was happening.......all said and done, security clearance has been signed off, file will be going off to Ottawa within the next week or so to be merit listed...................we'll see what will happen next!!!!!
looking forward to it!!
:skull:

mike, you might want to consider contacting the same person each time you get in contact with the recruiting center. Next time you are talking to someone there, ask if you can use them as your main contact, and then ask for their contact info. This is so each time you call to check on your file, the person on the other end will know exactly who you are and what is going on with your file.

I am currently filling out my security clearance form for the last 10 years and I discovered a trick to actually remembering where you have been working for the last ten years as far as months and years.  Every time you have ever worked for anyone (not under the table) your employer must submit a ROE (Record of Employment) form to account for your time being employed.   This form contains all info needed to fill out the employment parts on the CF Security clearance form.   Even better, under the access to information act you are entitled to copies of these records, all of them.  

So what you do is you get in touch with the Access To Information and Privacy Co-Ordinator for Human Resources and Skills Development Canada and fill out an Request for personal information form requesting your ROE records.   I know it sounds insane to send in a form to get copies of old forms in order to fill out a new form, but, well...   I suppose it is insane.   The turn around for a request for personal information is supposed to be 30 days under the Access to information act, (Yeah Right).   I hope this helps at least one person navigate the burocracy.

Here is a list of the Access to information and privacy co-ordinators for all branches of the federal government.

http://www.tbs-sct.gc.ca/gos-sog/atip-aiprp/apps/coords/index_e.asp

And here is a link to a PDF of the Request for personal information form.

http://www.tbs-sct.gc.ca/gos-sog/forms/Acc-pri/350-58_e.rtf

I believe that there may be a $25 fee if for them to process your request, but in my opinion it is worth it.   My CF recruiter mentioned that the major cause of delay in processing the forms is incomplete or incorrect information.

Also, does anyone know the turn around time for the processing of the CF Security Clearance form?

-KKB

depends on what level you're going for. Lvl III TS generally has a 2 year turn-around time

kierankyllo said:
     I am currently filling out my security clearance form for the last 10 years and I discovered a trick to actually remembering what you have been doing for the last ten years.   Don't, let the government do it for you.
  But... you contradict yourself in the rest of your post, when you suggest that they use the Freedom of Information Act.   Ooooopps....I see!   A comma instead of a period.   (Poor sentence structure.) You do want the Government to do it for you.   OK.

Now depending on what level of Security Clearance you are filling out, the Government will not know everything. At least not within a reasonable amount of time.   You may have to list all your immediate Relatives, which may include relatives living in foreign countries, for whom the Government has no records.   You may have to list all their employers, to include the employers address, and then your relatives Job Titles.   How time consuming can this be.  

If you do this yourself, providing as much information as possible, then the processing of your Security Clearance will be much faster.   Security Clearances take different amount of time to process, depending on what Level of Clearance is required.

You will find that when you want any information from the Government, the more that you are able to provide, the quicker you will get results.   This is especially true for those requesting information on Service Records of Fathers and Grandfathers for Genelogical Research.   The more info you provide, better results you will get.  

In reference to your advising the use of the Freedom of Information Act, you must be very clear on what information you are requesting.   If you are thinking that they will send you everything they have on you, you are wrong.   They will only send you information on what you have specifically requested.

kierankyllo said:
           Also, does anyone know the turn around time for the processing of the CF Security Clearance form?

-KKB

I've been waiting for 2 years for my level III and i'm already in the job that requires it !!

That's what we call Lvl III pending...technically not supposed to have the job, and if for some reason it doesn't clear, you find yourself out of one...their pretty strict about not giving a job unless you hold the clearance in some of the places around here in Ottawa

funny and I have been waiting for about 3 yrs now for my level 3 security clearence and Im only applying for reg force infantry....

how the hell did you manage that aesop?? I seriously wanna know..its reading about these irregularities in the recruiting process that irratates the shite outta me and makes me think about racial favouritism and all other bs that I shouldn't even be thinking about, after all the army is "green".

:rage: :rage: ??? ??? :crybaby: :crybaby: calming down now.....

Why would you require a Lvl 3 to go Infantry?  Most cases the highest required would be Lvl 2.  Level 1 is usually all they require for those entering Infantry.  You may have just wasted your time and someone else's.

PARAMEDIC said:
funny and I have been waiting for about 3 yrs now for my level 3 security clearence and Im only applying for reg force infantry....

how the heck did you manage that aesop?? I seriously wanna know..its reading about these irregularities in the recruiting process that irratates the shite outta me and makes me think about racial favouritism and all other bs that I shouldn't even be thinking about, after all the army is "green".

:rage: :rage: ??? ??? :crybaby: :crybaby: calming down now.....

You don't get a Level III clearance when entering as a recruit - ever.  Aesop081 is already in the CF and in a job that requires one.  As an infantry newbie, you won't.

"Racial favouritism" ?? You lost me there...  ::)

George Wallace said:
Why would you require a Lvl 3 to go Infantry?   Most cases the highest required would be Lvl 2.   Level 1 is usually all they require for those entering Infantry.   You may have just wasted your time and someone else's.

I think he is referring to the presec. ::)

Sorry,   didn't really realize he was a NP.     ;D   An EP wouldn't make those mistakes, but the timing might be right.

aesop081 said:
I've been waiting for 2 years for my level III and i'm already in the job that requires it !!
Did you do the on-line forms?  I'm in the process myself and wondering how it went?  Good thing that I kept copies of my last two or three forms on file, and have moved only in the last year, greatly simplifying things.

George Wallace said:
Did you do the on-line forms?   I'm in the process myself and wondering how it went?   Good thing that I kept copies of my last two or three forms on file, and have moved only in the last year, greatly simplifying things.

Yeah i did the online thing.   It took them a month to figure out they wanted some more info but it took them a year to tell me.   Then i was posted to greenwood and right in the middle of sorting things out, the clerk got posted so i got sent to the comissionaire that handles these things and straightened it out.   Now i got posted to Comox so who knows WTF is going on now.   I'll have to check up on it when i get back from the US next month.

Glad i kept copies of all the required information, pictures as well as the fingerprints.

The problem is that once you hit complete on the online form...you can't re-enter it.   You have to get on a clerck to sort it out or input anything.   Also, the "completeness check" button on the forms doesnt work worth a damned.

PARAMEDIC : You don't need level III for infantry so stop wasting your time.   I already had level II from my previous MOC so i am ok until this all gets sorted out.

I am also in the process of an upgrade to my security clearance and I was told it would take about 18 months. I am in the process of both a cyclical update along with an upgrade.

In my current employment, we have to use the TBS Forms which seem to be a lot less invasive from a personal privacy standpoint.   I will actually be travelling to the ME in the period of time since I filed the forms in May- when I called and inquired as to whether I would need to revise the forms they told me [in broken English] it was not necessary. Not trusting the answer given, I made further inquiries by way of a letter along with the revised information.  I subsequently received a letter in reply indicating the revised information was now on file. What an awe inspiring government we have.  

Paper your file with any/all changes- if they have to do that work for you, it will take longer.

Back