• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Engineering Training Info

Craig M

Inactive
Reaction score
I have a few questions regarding training for the regular Combat Engineering.  Any answers would be appreciated.

1. Where is the 10 week SQ course held?  Is carried on at St. Jeans right after the BMQ?

2. During the MOC training in Gagetown, are you stationed on the base or can you have accommodations within the city?  Do many people bring their wives/girlfriends to live in Gagetown during this time?

3.  Do you have some weekends/days off during your MOC training?

Thanks
CM

Craig M said:
1. Where is the 10 week SQ course held?  Is carried on at St. Jeans right after the BMQ?
The SQ course can be run at any of the area training centres, by an infantry battalion (working out of its own lines), or any other place the Army may decide it has the staff and facilities available to run the course.  I do not know if any are run at St Jean.  The SQ is an Army course and St Jean is not an Army establishment.

Craig M said:
2. During the MOC training in Gagetown, are you stationed on the base or can you have accommodations within the city?  Do many people bring their wives/girlfriends to live in Gagetown during this time?
You will probably be put into quarters with your course.  I do not know what other people do, and I do not know if CFSME will allow you to live out.

Craig M said:
3.  Do you have some weekends/days off during your MOC training?
Eventually, but probably not from the start.

hey,

I'm doing my reg force SQ right now.  If you plan on going reg force you'll be going to St.Jean for your basic. Then sent here to gagetwon to wait for your SQ to start.  I got lucky and only had to wait 4 days.  You can do it in gagetown, or meaford. It's only 6 weeks long now, not 10...........and rumour has it that it's gonna get cut down to 4 weeks. For the MOC, you be in quarters here for the course.  My course starts in the fall, and probly wont be allowed out for the first bi once I'm on course.

How long did it take for you to go from the recruitment centre to getting in and training

Berry2004 said:
hey,

I'm doing my reg force SQ right now.   If you plan on going reg force you'll be going to St.Jean for your basic. Then sent here to gagetwon to wait for your SQ to start.   I got lucky and only had to wait 4 days.   You can do it in gagetown, or meaford. It's only 6 weeks long now, not 10...........and rumour has it that it's gonna get cut down to 4 weeks. For the MOC, you be in quarters here for the course.   My course starts in the fall, and probly wont be allowed out for the first bi once I'm on course.
4 Week's !!! I hate to see what kind of Sapper's come out of that! :mad:

really I have a friend that told me that there is usually a five month passing of time when you walk into the recruitment centre till they call you back and you Waite for training. Four weeks sounds fast. Cool if that is the case.

canuck101,  that reply was from Spr. Earl lamenting the supposed reduction in the SQ course not how long it took buddy to get in and train. 

Spr. Earl, I don't think a reduction in the SQ will reduce the effectiveness of Engineers overall.  They still have to perform on their QL3's.

Cheers.

Spr Earl,

The SQ course doesn't teach sapper skills.  It covers soldier skills.  The QL3 course is now called the Section Member course.  I don't know if they've taken Infantry skills portion out of the Section Member or if its been revamped to amplify on the SQ course, or if they just teach it twice (the Army never does that...).

My fault,getting confused between SQ and the new acronym for TQ3 thought they were one in the same.

Back