• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Engineer named as CF CWO

ExSpr

Inactive
Reaction score
Who ever said Engineers would never amount to anything. Congratulations Greg. Comments?

good to post but would be nice if the info on the CFCWO was posted as well

ExSpr said:
Who ever said Engineers would never amount to anything. Congratulations Greg. Comments?

Yes,  which Greg?  I only know about 600 Gregs in our beloved corps. ;D

R 210801Z FEB 07
FM NDHQ CDS OTTAWA
TO CANFORGEN
BT
UNCLAS CANFORGEN 031/07 CDS 006/07
SIC WEF
BILINGUAL MESSAGE/MESSAGE BILINGUE
SUBJECT: APPOINTMENT OF CANADIAN FORCES CHIEF WARRANT OFFICER
1. I AM PLEASED TO ANNOUNCE THAT CHIEF WARRANT OFFICER GREG LACROIX,
MMM, CD, WILL BE APPOINTED CANADIAN FORCES CHIEF WARRANT OFFICER
EFFECTIVE APS 2007, SUCCEEDING CHIEF WARRANT OFFICER DANIEL GILBERT,
MMM, CD
2. CWO G. LACROIX, A COMBAT ENGINEER, ENROLLED IN THE CF ON 17 FEB
77 IN MONTREAL, AND HAS SERVED WITH DISTINCTION IN A VARIETY OF
UNITS AND BASES. AS A CHIEF WARRANT OFFICER, HE HAS BEEN EMPLOYED IN
ENGINEER STANDARDS AT COMBAT TRAINING CENTRE GAGETOWN, AS REGIMENTAL
SERGEANT-MAJOR OF 2 COMBAT ENGINEER REGIMENT, AS SCHOOL CHIEF
WARRANT OFFICER AT CANADIAN FORCES SCHOOL OF MILITARY ENGINEERING
GAGETOWN, AS THE MULTI NATIONAL DIVISION SOUTH-WEST DIVISION
SERGEANT-MAJOR IN BOSNIA, AS THE DCDS GROUP CWO AND, FOR THE LAST 4
YEARS, AS THE ARMY SERGEANT-MAJOR. I WELCOME HIS EXTENSIVE
EXPERIENCE AND HIS PROVEN LEADERSHIP ABILITY IN THIS MOST
CHALLENGING AND IMPORTANT APPOINTMENT
3. POSTING INSTRUCTION WILL BE ISSUED SEPARATELY
END OF ENGLISH TEXT/

It's kind of funny that a few of us that remember CWO Lacroix from his RSM days at 2CER and CFSME kind of saw this coming. Congrats Sir.

Wohoo.....
Congratulations to one good sapper / soldier.
do us proud!

CHIMO!

I should take the time to congratulate CWO Daniel Gilbert for a job well done...

CHIMO!

I remember CWO Lacroix from when he was SSM FETS in Chilliwack .......Between him and MWO Arcand ( who is now a CWO IIRC) our QL5 never caught a break !!  He had just left from his job as SCWO at CFSME when i got posted to Bridging cell.

Good on him, i'm sure he will continue to do the engineers proud/

:salute: CHIMO

CDN Aviator said:
I remember CWO Lacroix from when he was SSM FETS in Chilliwack .......Between him and MWO Arcand ( who is now a CWO IIRC) our QL5 never caught a break !!  He had just left from his job as SCWO at CFSME when i got posted to Bridging cell.

Good on him, i'm sure he will continue to do the engineers proud/

:salute: CHIMO

CWO Arcand is now 5 CMBG CWO

Con Grats to the CWO.  On reading the post though I realized that I had no clue of who our current CF CWO is or was.  Its like the CDS and Afganistan is all you see in the Military Media that circulates.  Was he even in the CDS Christmas message?

I just heard the news to night being Thurs. is Militia night in Canada.
F'n eh the first Engineer as the Forces CWO :salute:

About time.

Good luck Sir.

M/Cpl N. Philip

Congrats to the Chief!
But I can't help but think that this might be a double edge sword here!  Yes, he is an Engineer, and it'll bring us to the forefront of the CF, recognition wise, but then, it will bring us to the front...microscope wise...if you follow my drift the way it went :-\

Cheers,
J

I served with CWO Lacroix when he was the Div RSM for MND(SW) in Bosnia (Gen Hillier was the Commander of the Div at the time).

CWO Lacroix was the epitome of soldiering - direct, thoughtful, forceful when need be, HARD as nails, and possessed of one hell of a good sense of humour.

Well done, Greg - you'll be a fine CF CWO, I look forward to reading of your exploits in that office.

Congratulations to CWO Lacroix .Yes some of us had him as RSM at 2 CER,I also remember MCPL Lacroix way back when in 4CER.

Well done nice to see a Sapper get to the top.

Regards

Mark

Congrats to CWO Greg Lacroix.

S6.

p.s. He'll probably pass the puck even less now in the NDHQ OT Hockey League!  ;) [From a former line-mate]

Back