• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Edmonton Soldiers I need some help.

military granny

Inactive
Reaction score
Guys and Gals
I work at the St Albert Legion and we are going to be part of the Rainmaker Rodeo Parade next Saturday morning. Now what we need    ( The Sargent-at-Arms and the rest of the "old boys") is a few younger men in uniform to come and join us to march the parade route. We will need a few of you to be flag bearers as well. If any of you can come and help out please please send me a p.m. Thank you all very much.

I would gladly participate in this wonderful PR venture [especially after the loss of a Snowbird]; alas, unfortunatly, I'm in Trenton. 
:salute:

... ditto - from Montréal

Good luck - hope you get some good weather.

Gonna' sticky this in "Current Affairs" just until next Friday.
It will get seen more than down here in the bowels of R/C.

Granny I've tried but no luck so far. I'm hoping you can find someone.

Call the base during duty hours & the operator should be able to connect you with the 1 CMBG public affairs officer.  The chain of command might be able to help find people that want to participate.

I think for this worthwhile event the SGM would help you out Granny. Make a call,it cant hurt.

Granny, I talked to a few of my buds out there, but they are swamped right now. Going official might be the only way.

Here are the direct contact numbers for LFWA Public Affairs in Edmonton:
780-973-1942 or 1-877-973-1944 (fax: 780-973-1939)

The names have changed out there since I worked with them (I was posted out 2 years ago), but I can't imagine anyone having a hard time with this. Good luck.

Wook

If you are calling on behalf of the legion and you go thru the PAF O, you should be able to get some help that way. I would love to do it, (Everyone should get to see a sailor in Edmonton) but I am in Quebec and it is a little far to travel. What are dates though, because me and my family will be driving to BC late June/ early July.
Feet

Hi M

Date for the parade is May 26 @ 9am. Wish you could be here too. I called the base Public Affairs office and left a message today and will try once more tomorrow. Time is creeping by and I am getting more and more antsy about how the " old fella's" will hold up carrying those flags the whole distance. I hope the folks over at CFB Edmonton call me back first thing in the morning but if not thanks to Wookilar I have their numbers.

Back