• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

DS Interview - The Librarian

Congrats AV/The Librarian.  Ref RBDs post, do you by chance weigh the same as a duck?

:p

All right

19 years today and I must be suffering from Oldsheimers too. I have just been MSN'd a link by a 13 year old to my original interview.

"MOM!!! I am going to be 14 soon...goofy!! You owe me a Wii now for my Birthday. LOL"

So, I have been busted by my son while sitting in another province. What the heck is a Wii??

Oh, and I have edited my interview to reflect said rugrats proper age.  :-[

cdnaviator said:
Its the new Nintendo game console.......their answer to xbox 360 and PS3

hell of a lot cheaper than the 360 and PS3, too...

Sig_Des said:

And it actually sounds pretty fun too! Vern, PM Red_Five about it. His kids have one and he was telling us about it in chat the other night.

Thanks Pea.

How is this thing pronounced??

"we" or "why"

Just so I don't sound like a fool when I go get one.

my buddy got one for christmas and the controls caught on fire and melted... I guess there is a recall on the controls

Librarian, glad you are on the DS list. You always had a concern for the troops well being and your leadership here will continue to benefit soldiers. Keep up the great work.

In case you haven't figure it out I was the user spy in Morrisburg! 

CFR FCS said:
Librarian, glad you are on the DS list. You always had a concern for the troops well being and your leadership here will continue to benefit soldiers. Keep up the great work.

In case you haven't figure it out I was the user spy in Morrisburg!   

I haven't figured it out. The user spy in Morrisburg...

Egads!!! You have been witness then to one of my aforementioned moments that I said those who knew me would know!!

I still don't have a clue who you are though!! But I promise not to show up late here....hung over maybe...but not late!!  ;)

Sig_Des said:

All right everyone,

I have searched high and low for the darn aforementioned "Wii" for the son's 14th birthday. Ahem, apparently they do not exist anywhere outside of Japan on store shelves these days.

Today, I cut out a pic of one and put it into his birthday card (hey I had nothing else to do all day...Mike... >:D) which he will receive this weekend at his party. Argghh. A pic of one.  :mad:

What's the story on these things? Too popular?? What's the waiting period like?? 6 months?? Do I need to be in line at a store at 0200hrs the day before a store gets them in?

That'll teach me to wait until 2 weeks before a birthday to pick up the gift I guess. I am frustrated and have called every single store on this Island to no avail.

Vern you should run to a thrift store and try and find a super nintendo system. Get the camera ready when he tears open the box with all his friends around :)

Uhmmm NO!!!

He's a red head, I know how well that would turn out.  ;)

Ah well, I'll have to try it out when I have a (god forbid) kiddo. I figure it would be a win/win situation either he laughs about it, and the situation will be something we reminisce about for years. Or he becomes so angry and enraged that he runs away from home  ;D

Vern, we managed to get a Wii in time for March break... but it was challenging. Our plan was to call every store from Wal-Mart to EB Games every day to see if any had arrived. After many "we just sold our last one" calls we did locate a few in Smiths Falls and got there before they disappeared.

Come March break, the kids were overjoyed (they had no idea we'd kept it under wraps for over a week). And the stories are true, it's simple and fun. Pretty much anyone can pick it up and play.

Good luck with the search!

The Librarian said:
.... have called every single store on this Island to no avail.

They're available but scarce here in Canada. Third-world countries, like where you live, aren't likely to see them until after you change over from coal and kerosene to electricity. Good luck though  ;D

Journeyman said:
They're available but scarce here in Canada. Third-world countries, like where you live, aren't likely to see them until after you change over from coal and kerosene to electricity. Good luck though   ;D

:mad:

Nice thoughts JM, so glad you do not have to put up with the wrath of young ones these days!! Yours are getting up there in years now themselves.  >:D

Back