• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Drill with Rubber C7 at LHQ.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks Kyle.

Bergeron and I were in contact with one another and decided the thread ended on a sour note.  I wanted to make reparations.  I agree that we need not continue to beat the Cadets and C7 thing any longer.  The point Bergeron was attempting to make was that all senior cadets should get the familiarization with the C7 and even perhaps the chance to fire it.  Bergeron stated that AU staff is usually avail to the unit and are willing to provide instruction for the familiarization to seniors.  He did mention earlier in the post that drill with the C7 replica was an idea that could be supported and that part of the thread became misconstrued into using the C7 service rifle as a parade rifle.  I hope I got it all.  Bergeron, please feel free to add or correct if I missed anything.

Cheers.    :cdn:

the army guy    :warstory:

Tommy said:
the cadets should be proud that they have the honour of carrying the same rifle that many a brave canadian soldier carried fighting against facism accross europe, or freedom in asia.  to belittle the .303 in my opinion is to belittle the soldiers who carried it. 

+1 Tommy!

Tommy thats one good post, and to see it coming from a younger Canadian, I find it quite refreshing to see such things.

Soldier on.

Regards,

Wes

Wesley (Over There) said:
+1 Tommy!

Tommy thats one good post, and to see it coming from a younger Canadian, I find it quite refreshing to see such things.

Soldier on.

Regards,

Wes

Thanks Wes,

I'm just trying to carry on the tradition they started..
Looking forward to visiting your homeland down under on HLTA!

Its a shame youre still over in Iraq, or I'd buy you a beer  :salute:

Cheers,
      Tommy

Tommy, I am getting short, real short, but not as short as I'd like (soon though - ha). The clock counts down and every second I/we are one step closer to leaving this mess.

Are you going to be in the Brisbane area at all? If so, what month?

If you are, and I am home (which I should be), a BBQ at my place. Lots of XXXX Gold on standby, pool and some well deserved RnR.

Wherever you are mate, stay focused - always.

Cold beers,

Wes

Wes,

You make a great point about Tommy's post.  It is nice to see that kind of recognition from the younger generation.  Those who forget the past are doomed to repeat it.  Thanks for your efforts in Iraq.  You and all of the other soldiers deployed are doing a good thing and I support you as often and as vocally as I can. 

Soldier on.

Cheers!!!    :cdn:

the army guy    :warstory:

Just to clear up an earlier statement which I made WRT rifle drill in Eastern Region

Eastern Region Memo dating to May 2006 said:
Use of Firearms, Bayonets and Cutlasses within RCSU (Eastern) Cadet Units

With year-end reviews fast approaching, I wish to reiterate the Eastern Region's position regarding the bearing of weapons, bayonets and cutlasses by cadets on parade:

On annual inspections, weapons are authorized on parade for sea and army cadets only. Bayonets are forbidden on the said inspections. Furthermore, cadets, regardless of their element, will not carry bayonets or weapons outside authorized sites or training spaces. Carrying the cutlass is only authorized in the Sea Cadet program and only for the Guard Petty Officer and the Coxwain.

In this controlled context, the public will understand that the cadets are perpetuating the historical traditions and values of our heritage. However, at public ceremonies, such as Remembrance Day ceremonies, cadets on parade or mounting vigils will not carry weapons . The Manual of Drill and Ceremonial is clear on this matter.

Lcol M. Chevarie
CO RCSU East

Please note that Eastern Region (Cadets) has its own version of the Manual of Drill and Ceremonial.  Basically the 201, but specific to cadets.

Currently, in Bergeron's case, he may quite have adequate AU support, but that is not the case for all Cadet Units across Canada. 

C7 rifle drill was taught to cadets in Valcartier in the 90's but it is no longer the 90's........................check your calendars.

Not every unit in Canada has an adequate weapons' lock up.  Not sure what the rules are no WRT rubber C7s.  When I was a Pl Comd in Valcartier (in the 90's) they were locked up like any other rifle, in the weapons lock up.  In a locked weapons' rack, a double locked room.

The Cadet Training Programme is designed with more or less, the lowest common denominator in mind.  Some units parade in schools, but QM is in an officer's home basement.  Not the safest place to store rifle.

Honestly, I would stick with the Lee Enfield.  After close to 100 years, it still does its job quite effectively and it is more realistic than a hunk of rubber.  It follows tradition which always looks cool!

I agree with rwgill....

it would not be fair that some units even if directly in a armoury could access c7 or rubber c7 and that cadet unit 3km away could not.

let get a standard. rules are rules...they have been putted on for a reason. we have to live with it for obvious reason.

Wow...another 4 pages on this........

M777 for artillery cadets i say

are we done yet ?

I thought we had closed this once and for all.

Seriously, for the last time, .303 Enfields are excellent drill purpose weapons for Cadets, it carries the long traditions of the CF, and it carries the traditions of every unit that ever used it. Cadets, be content with it.

C-7s once again is a CF weapon. That is just it, it is a weapon of the forces, it is not a drill purpose weapon, and it is not by any definition something Cadets should be allowed access to on a regular basis. I'm sorry to say this but no matter what CIC officers may think, you are NOT qualified to supervise cadets with a service weapon. That being said, there are those in the CIC with PRes or Reg F experience, but it goes back to the point that the ones who would be handling these weapons are CADETS. If they so wish to carry a C-7, I say fill your boots. But at the age of 16 with parental consent join the PRes, and 17 with parental consent join the Regs. Don't push this anymore then it has already been done.

Discussed and done. Please move on.

CDN Aviator said:
Wow...another 4 pages on this........

M777 for artillery cadets i say

are we done yet ?
Actually it is permitted...................

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back