• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Doing a PRes to CIC transfer, get told to do an oversea check

Candari

Inactive
Reaction score
Hello,

A few months ago I completed all required paperwork (which was/still is constantly changing) for my transfer from PRes to CIC. In total I filled out a complete application package that any civie would plus a piece of CIC transfer application.

Everything is going well until I submitted my Pre-Enrollment Security Questionnaire. As I had been oversea for a few years in my youth for education, I came back at the age of 12. According to the Questionnaire, I am not required to write that down. However, the Sgt (Recruiter) that handled me told me to write it down anyways. I did that and at the end, and he proceed to mark my sheet and told me that I will be having a oversea security check due to "living outside of Canada for a prolonged period of time." He also told me something along the lines of "If I were you I'd get a new police check, because I don't see you getting through before your police check expires." (He said it in such a way that felt demeaning) My police check expires in April of 2015. At that time I did not wish to argue with him as I believe he has the experience to make that call.

My brother, who also recently enrolled in the CF, submitted his application package much later than I did. His youth is the same as mine and when he filled out the Questionnaire, another recruiter told him that he won't require one. He's already well on his way in BMQ.

My question is: Why am I being told to have a oversea police check for "prolonged absence" during my youth years, when the Questionnaire states that I only need to write down my travel history since the age of 16? And also, why did my brother get through enrollment (He's on his PRes BMQ already) with the same travel background as I have. I'd like to ask if the community has any insight on how to deal with this issue?

Okay, now I'm lost.  If you are currently serving in the PRes (which the subject line seems to indicate), then it's not required.

Not to mention, the Questionnaire is all that needs to be completed at this time.  They will staff the questionnaire and receive a response back which will be 'Pre-Secur required" or "Pre-Secur not required".  But YES, you are correct.  There should not be any requirement to report anything prior to age 16.

The only thing that I can suggest, is to deal with the local CIC Unit or their Regional HQ.

DAA said:
Okay, now I'm lost.  If you are currently serving in the PRes (which the subject line seems to indicate), then it's not required.

Not to mention, the Questionnaire is all that needs to be completed at this time.  They will staff the questionnaire and receive a response back which will be 'Pre-Secur required" or "Pre-Secur not required".  But YES, you are correct.  There should not be any requirement to report anything prior to age 16.

The only thing that I can suggest, is to deal with the local CIC Unit or their Regional HQ.

Thanks for your reply, I spoke with the cadet unit CO that I am hoping to get into and the CO forwarded up the CoC to det CO which came down with a chain E-Mail regarding that they have no permission to find out about our personal application, that I will need to contact CFRC myself for this matter  :facepalm:

Also, I am currently still in PRes, therefore you are right, I thought I didn't need a security check as I am already ER status. But I would understand if they say something along the line that it is expired for transfer purposes? (No idea.)

How should I go about contacting and correcting this problem?

Back