• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Does CFAT Score Affect Advanced Selections?

DeadGods

Reaction score
Apologies if advanced selections isn't an actual term. I'm just wondering if my CFAT score will prevent me from going into higher level things beyond infantry i.e. cansofcom, sartech, etc. I realize these things are a long ways out and pretty unlikely for me, but I'd like something to work towards and to keep my options open.
So does my CFAT score prevent me from doing things like this down the line, or will I be good as long as I get into infantry?

I can't speak to the ones you have mentioned, but there are selection programs within the military that evaluate your CFAT score. If you received a low score, you will be able to re-write the test a couple times to attempt a higher score. There are a few study resources online that might help you prepare for the test if you do choose to rewrite it.

With that in mind, I know people who have scored worse on their second attempt at their test (fortunately they scored better on their third). I believe you are stopped after 3 attempts, but I'm not certain.

I can't speak to the ones you have mentioned, but there are selection programs within the military that evaluate your CFAT score. If you received a low score, you will be able to re-write the test a couple times to attempt a higher score. There are a few study resources online that might help you prepare for the test if you do choose to rewrite it.

With that in mind, I know people who have scored worse on their second attempt at their test (fortunately they scored better on their third). I believe you are stopped after 3 attempts, but I'm not certain.
Good to know, thank you. I have my CFAT tomorrow so we'll see how that goes. It's comforting to know I have more opportunities to take it though.

Yes your CFAT can affect future career moves in the CAF (i.e changing occupations or commissioning from the ranks).

There's a specific policy outlining this; you get 3 attempts in total (that's not 3 to get in and more later in life, 3 in total in your lifetime). So if you use 3 attempts to get in, and then down the line you want to transfer occupations you best hope that you did well enough on your last rewrite.

Honestly take the take time to prepare for your CFAT. I have seen through the years people talking about the "minimum" to get in, remember just because you qualify for an occupation doesn't mean that you'll get it. Your CFAT score (along with your TSD and Interview) are used to give you a combined score to determine if you'll get an offer of employment. This score is compared against everyone else who is also trying to join.

Should you choose to rewrite, there is also a minimum time frame between 1st attempt & 2nd attempt (1st rewrite); and 2nd attempt & 3rd attempt (2nd rewrite).

Yes your CFAT can affect future career moves in the CAF (i.e changing occupations or commissioning from the ranks).

There's a specific policy outlining this; you get 3 attempts in total (that's not 3 to get in and more later in life, 3 in total in your lifetime). So if you use 3 attempts to get in, and then down the line you want to transfer occupations you best hope that you did well enough on your last rewrite.

Honestly take the take time to prepare for your CFAT. I have seen through the years people talking about the "minimum" to get in, remember just because you qualify for an occupation doesn't mean that you'll get it. Your CFAT score (along with your TSD and Interview) are used to give you a combined score to determine if you'll get an offer of employment. This score is compared against everyone else who is also trying to join.

Should you choose to rewrite, there is also a minimum time frame between 1st attempt & 2nd attempt (1st rewrite); and 2nd attempt & 3rd attempt (2nd rewrite).
Great, thanks for the info. I spent a few days preparing and am very happy I did. Ended up getting a score I'm very happy with.

what is TSD?

Back