• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Do I panic?

TheraF

Inactive
Reaction score
Okay I am sure this is going to sound terribly silly, but I am concerned, so I will ask even if I sound like an idiot.

I did the online application 06/11/12 (three days ago) and now have access to my account online, so I logged in to see what is what.

Under Application Status it says:

CFAT (Aptitude Test) Scheduled Date 2012/06/13
Interview Scheduled Date 2012/06/13
Medical Examination Scheduled Date 2012/06/13
Physical Fitness Test Scheduled Date 2012/06/13
Enhanced Reliability Submission Date 2012/06/13
Merit List Date 2012/06/13

which would have been yesterday.
But I have not received any calls or emails and as far as I know my local recruiting centre is actually closed until the 18th, so I am hoping these are the date that these things were scheduled (inputted into a computer somewhere) and I will be made aware of the actual dates at a later point and not the dates I was supposed to be somewhere doing some test?

Sorry for the redundancy, I did do a few searches and didn't find anything, slight differences in terms etc :(

Thera said:
Sorry for the redundancy, I did do a few searches and didn't find anything, slight differences in terms etc :(

I didn't mean a repeat of question, more like a repeat of the "panic".  ;)

Yes, panic. Panic is a quality we like to cultivate in the CF, so it's best to start early so that you're familiar with the feeling.

Thera said:
CFAT (Aptitude Test) Scheduled Date 2012/06/13
Interview Scheduled Date 2012/06/13
Medical Examination Scheduled Date 2012/06/13
Physical Fitness Test Scheduled Date 2012/06/13
Enhanced Reliability Submission Date 2012/06/13
Merit List Date 2012/06/13

Seriously though. The foregoing only states that these events have been scheduled, not the dates they're scheduled for.

Might I suggest that at some point in the recruiting process if there is a "survey" to see how things can be imporved, that maybe you mention this.  I am going to run upstairs and talk to my recruiting rep and let him know that the wording on this seems to create some confusion.

Bzzliteyr said:
Might I suggest that at some point in the recruiting process if there is a "survey" to see how things can be imporved, that maybe you mention this.  I am going to run upstairs and talk to my recruiting rep and let him know that the wording on this seems to create some confusion.

Haha, "survey" something tells me there is not enough paper or time in the world to deal with recruiting process complaints...you are correct however in that it is very confusing.

WENGTECH(NCM SEP) said:
something tells me there is not enough paper or time in the world to deal with recruiting process complaints....

Nah, it will be easy to reduce them to something manageable. Simply discard the ones that say "i didn't get in within 2 weeks of filing out the forms",  the "i joined the first trade that was open and now i hate it" and the ever popular "i didn't make it for X trade on the CFAT but they still wouldn't let me join as that" complaints, you are down to 2 weeks of work tops.

Back