• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Divisions

TN2IC said:
I am trying to get use to the Navy Slang...

I worked for the Base Asst. CPO once..and he told that the heads were down the hall. I stoped him and ask him what head's were.

Might have said the 'heads were down the flats abeam the copier.'

Mind you, last time I was giving drill and said 'leg parallel to the deck' I thought the warrant assessing me would have a kitten.

fear-acfhuinn luinge said:
Mind you, last time I was giving drill and said 'leg parallel to the deck' I thought the warrant assessing me would have a kitten.

Because of your use of naval terminology, or because you're only supposed to raise your foot 6"?

00299 NAV COMM
East Coast
I've been around long enough that I learned to type on my 3's course using a manual typewriter  :eek: 

Neill McKay said:
Because of your use of naval terminology, or because you're only supposed to raise your foot 6"?

6" sounds a bit high! ever tried lifting your foot that high when you're at sea and it's Hands Fall in on the Flight Deck?? You'd keel right over Bye! Lift the sucker enough to slide it across the deck and in beside the other one and if you start to fall over (cause the ship is heaving and bucking) spread your feet a little further apart! ;D

YARRRRRRRRRRR Lol Cheers from the Toronto lads!

Victulating Storesman here... Better known as the vittaller

Neill McKay said:

'Deck' As for the six inches, well when you instruct recruits, they prefer it a little higher.

I always thought it was funny we spend 10 weeks give or take shaping these tad-polls into proper pusser form then the jump off the bus at CFB Nameyournavybase and are then informed in squads to float test all that pusser CF D&D veet veet.

And then us Sup Dept folks make our way to Borden and are feed to the army lions.

Back