• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Direct Officer Entry-Reserve HELP!!!

MattArm2

Inactive
Reaction score
Hey all this is my first post and I could really use some help

I am a Second year University student, 20 yrs old, taking a degree in Criminology at Laurier Brantford. I was wondering how the entry process would work into the Reserve force. In the summer of 2013 before the degree is actually completed can that count towards the requirements or would i need to wait until the actual official completion of the 4 years? I ask because Iam also intending to apply to the OPP, RCMP and Toronto Metro and those are also time consuming processes so i would prefer to have already completed the required CF courses before applying to the Forces.

My hometown is Toronto for any recruiters or members reading currently living in Brantford for school so both cities are options but i would prefer Toronto

Looking forward to hearing from you guys thanks for all you do

MattArm2 said:
Hey all this is my first post and I could really use some help

I am a Second year University student, 20 yrs old, taking a degree in Criminology at Laurier Brantford. I was wondering how the entry process would work into the Reserve force. In the summer of 2013 before the degree is actually completed can that count towards the requirements or would i need to wait until the actual official completion of the 4 years? I ask because Iam also intending to apply to the OPP, RCMP and Toronto Metro and those are also time consuming processes so i would prefer to have already completed the required CF courses before applying to the Forces.

My hometown is Toronto for any recruiters or members reading currently living in Brantford for school so both cities are options but i would prefer Toronto

Looking forward to hearing from you guys thanks for all you do
There is an officer cadet in my reserve BMQ. He is in his third year of study, but he will not be granted his commission until he actually receive his bachelor's degree proper. Talk with your local units on their parade nights. If they have open officer spots, they may offer you the position. After you receive the referral letter from your unit, then you go through the normal CF joining process. For Primary Reserves, you have to pass a Physical Test to be enrolled, whereas in Regular Force you get enrolled, and then do it right before BMQ.

Sadukar09 said:
whereas in Regular Force you get enrolled, and then do it right before BMQ.

For the Reg F, the PT test is done at BMQ.

Thanks guys thats pretty helpful  :) Was also wondering if it would be possible to subsidize the last year of my degree through the forces or if thats always a full degree commitment or if I would need to transfer

MattArm2 said:
Thanks guys thats pretty helpful  :) Was also wondering if it would be possible to subsidize the last year of my degree through the forces or if thats always a full degree commitment or if I would need to transfer

You can, on meeting certain requirements, get a grant toward your education of half your costs up to $2,000/year ($8,000/lifetime) as long as you maintain satisfactory attendance.

If you're enrolled in school you can join the CF as an Officer Cadet. You will be commissioned when you complete your CAP/BMOQ(L) course, regardless of whether or not you have completed your degree at that time.

You can enroll in the PRes as an officer prior to completing your degree, you'll be enrolled as an Officer Cadet. I believe PRes Officers that are still completing their undergrad degree are still eligible for promotion to 2Lt after completion of CAP or BMOQ-Land (whatever it's called) and then Lt after their trades Phase Training.

Back