• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Did anyone say bacon? :D

Ex-Dragoon

Army.ca Fixture
Inactive
Reaction score
http://www.thinkgeek.com/images/products/other/squeez-bacon-embed-zoom.jpg

Personally I will just use the real stuff....

Ex-Dragoon said:
http://www.thinkgeek.com/images/products/other/squeez-bacon-embed-zoom.jpg

Personally I will just use the real stuff....

Don't laugh, I just read recently, two guys just developed a line of Bacon Flavoured Products and they are selling like hotcakes.

They are reported to be making a  a Fortune.

This is SO APPETIZING!

squeez-bacon-embed-zoom.jpg

Kinda makes one yearn for the canned bacon in the old RP-4's, I think in menu 7 if memory serves correct.  In any event it was not only the most palatable menu, it was also the menu we seldom got.

Shec said:
Kinda makes one yearn for the canned bacon in the old RP-4's, I think in menu 7 if memory serves correct.  In any event it was not only the most palatable menu, it was also the menu we seldom got.
That canned bacon was great.

NOTE: Do not let NDHQ see this bacon thread. It might give them some ideas. ;)

This is giving me an idea, the hamburger shown in the picture is too complicated. You need to get stuff from the fridge, slice tomatoes, pickles, try to balance all this on the patty...
How about this: a complete hamburger topping in one squeeze; the bottle would contain the following: bacon, ketchup, relish, mustard, mayo, tomato, lettuce, pickles, cheese...

All you would need for a great burger is a bun, a patty and a squeeze bottle.  8)

Jungle said:
This is giving me an idea, the hamburger shown in the picture is too complicated. You need to get stuff from the fridge, slice tomatoes, pickles, try to balance all this on the patty...
How about this: a complete hamburger topping in one squeeze; the bottle would contain the following: bacon, ketchup, relish, mustard, mayo, tomato, lettuce, pickles, cheese...

All you would need for a great burger is a bun, a patty and a squeeze bottle.  8)

Why stop there? Throw the bun and the patty in the tube as well. That way you don't have to stop to place stuff on a bun. Instead you can just squeeze your burger straight into your mouth. Perfect for the active person on the go!

Since the downward spiral is well underway, why not just have dehydrated burgers including the bun and all the fixings. Just add water and, voila, a culinary delight.

This thread has spun way out of control; however, it's been harmless.  Anymore examples of food in tins that should not be in tins?

http://www.wisebread.com/blergh-could-you-eat-these-strange-canned-foods

Including, for Tess:

canned_foods_007.jpg

OK, who here remembers Gluhwein from your days in Germany?  Miss that distinctive flavour as you busted down the Alps?  Well, wait no more!  It's back: this time in powdered form!

From the people who brought you "burger in a can", here it is:
Bergsteigende Gourmands müssen nie mehr auf ein Glas Rotwein auf dem Berggipfel verzichten. Trekking-Mahlzeiten präsentiert den neuen Rotwein in Pulverform. Das Getränkepulver im praktischen Portionsbeutel weist wie ein leichter Wein aus der Flasche einen Alkoholgehalt von 8,2% auf. Für Expeditionen in Schnee und Kälte wurde zudem der passende Glühwein in Pulverform entwickelt. Für den besonderen Augenblick im abendlichen Camp.
498ca6e927dca1a784f0781790186645.jpg

*ahem*
Translation:
Mountain climbing gourmets no longer have to go without Gluhwein the next time you find yourself on the mountain top.  "Trekking-Mahlzeiten" presents the newest (WTF?) red wine in powdered form! The drinking crystals in the practical sized pouch exhibits much like a light bottled wine, complete with an Alcohol content of 8.2%.  This pallatable Gluhwein was developed explicity for expeditions in the snow and cold.  For those special moments in your evening camp.

Unusual Canned Foods From Around The World
http://www.relaxinghub.com/2009/06/unusual-canned-foods-from-around-world.html
Link includes, but not limited to, canned:
-Armadillo Meat
-Creamed Possum
-Buzzard Gizzards
-Pork Brain
-Beef Flavoured Bamboo Worms
-Brown Curry Mole Crickets
-Roasted Scorpions
-Giant Bug Chili Paste
and various other 'interesting' canned foods.

How about some canned silk worms... see 2nd photo http://mlmcored.wordpress.com/2009/06/16/strange-canned-foods-ii/
and for "Bird Nest Drink", see the 4th photo.  Also on this same link is, 'Roasted Crickets with Eggs'.

I guess it all depends on what you are use to, but even still... oh my yikes....  :-X

This one doesn't look completely terrible: canned bacon.  Not saying I would eat it, just saying that, when compared to that which is listed above, this at least looks like a reasonable possibility, not that I would buy it: http://gizmodo.com/5012656/ .

gcclarke said:
Why stop there? Throw the bun and the patty in the tube as well. That way you don't have to stop to place stuff on a bun. Instead you can just squeeze your burger straight into your mouth. Perfect for the active person on the go!
Naahh... I'm a bit of a purist when it comes to my burger...  ;)

I heard about squeezable bacon a few months ago, but this thread has been more entertaining than the first time I read about this product.

gcclarke said:

Uggh...sadly most of those two ideas are already on the market in sqeezable ready to eat bottle form. Maybe Pillsbury will bring all those products to gether to offer the squeezable hambuger for those on the go.  :-X

kratz said:
I heard about squeezable bacon a few months ago, but this thread has been more entertaining than the first time I read about this product.

Uggh...sadly most of those two ideas are already on the market in sqeezable ready to eat bottle form. Maybe Pillsbury will bring all those products to gether to offer the squeezable hambuger for those on the go.  :-X

Well their raw cookie dough is good :D

Back