• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Destroyer/Or Frigate

Pusser said:
What does that mean?  Ships either float or they don't.  Generally, floating is considered a good thing.

Floating is Generally Good (unless your a sub), however like a Car just because it can move doesn't make it a good ride. I've heard this expression before some of the Streamers had leaks, perminate bends to the hull (Terra Nova I believe), and other things that just made a sail less enjoyable.

I personally thought Ott was ok, mind you I didn't sail on her I just did along side stuff, but I did get some 'tude from her coxn while on the jetty letting her ropes go. Dont remember what it was for...I probably didn't care either, I was there for a job, and did it period.

Pusser said:
What does that mean?  Ships either float or they don't.  Generally, floating is considered a good thing.

You really want me to express my opinion of that POS we call a ship? Okay here it is. Ottawa was a garbage scow. On the glass smooth water of the Lower Arabian Gulf she'd roll like a dog with a bad case of flees. Her movement reminded me very much of the Nipple-gone (a steamer). The thing about being airdet is you eventually get to sail all the ships. I proudly wear the gold anchor and consider myself to be as much a sailor as any other. After 20 years working both onboard and alongside, I think I've earned the right to judge them.

I hope my observation doesn't offend you but it is as I see it.

Back