• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Desert Camo

CDNBlackhawk

Inactive
Reaction score
Has the CadPAT Arid regions been issued as standard equipment clothing to all Canadain Forces Battle groups yet, or are they being kept for only a select few,

It‘s not intended as standard issue kit. There is supposed to be a sufficient stock procured to kit out 2 battlegroups: that stock will be held until needed, and when issued, an order is supposed to go in for more to replace that which was given out. Only those who need it will ever get it.

Yea, unless your going on a Op to a desert country, you dont get it. A friend of mine got his Arid Camo issued since he‘s on tour in the Golan Heights.

Its CAM! Its CAM! Camo is such a civvy American term, and maked me wanna spew.

Cheers,

Wes

Thanks for FINNALY straightening that out Wes... :)

Bloody Yanks :D

Regards

Originally posted by CrazyCanuck:
[qb] What does CAM stand for? [/qb]
:rolleyes:

It is an offset shaft in an engine that raises and lowers the lifters controlling air/fuel mixtures flow into the cylinders. Commonly called a Cam Shaft.

CAMouflage Army Men.....

Originally posted by George Wallace:
[qb]
Originally posted by CrazyCanuck:
[qb] What does CAM stand for? [/qb]

It is an offset shaft in an engine that raises and lowers the lifters controlling air/fuel mixtures flow into the cylinders. Commonly called a Cam Shaft.

CAMouflage Army Men.....

:rolleyes: [/qb]

Then what‘s the big difference between Cam and Camo? And why would you capitalize the last two letters?

I figured it actually meant something different, seeing as it seemed so important to distinguish between the two.

But Sir....I am taking piano lesson....

Regards

Originally posted by Franko:
[qb] But Sir....I am taking piano lesson....

[/qb]
Now you‘ve done it!

Go to QM and get your City Cam to blend in with those keys!

Do it Now!

:threat:

GW

But Sir, I‘d rather practice my keys and notes if I may....

Regards

MikeL said:
A friend of mine got his Arid Camo issued since he's on tour in the Golan Heights.

This just totally proves to me HOW incredibly FUBAR the CF is. The Golan  ::) OMFG, its a fricken wog tour, what a craptastic waste.  People on substantially more dangerous tours (LIKE Afghanistan) had to turn in the CADPAT AR two weeks prior to goign home so the next Roto could have it...

AKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK!
bill-the-cat.gif

DannyBoy said:
wow it bothers you that much? get a life

It does...because in my life I enjoy colour, and I serve my country with honour and will continue to serve where ever, when ever, despite what the flavour of the week is. Eh?

BTW I am going to go get a double-double after I find my CADPAT cam toque. And then, after the O group, I am going to do a recce of the area we are doing the Comms course in after talking to the Ops O. Unless of course, you want to go GI and wear ACU camo, and after the BUP, go do a recon of the area for Commo school after you see the 3.

The way we talk is important as it helps define who we are, so once you find out what your life is...then you can tell us to go get one.

DannyBoy said:
wow it bothers you that much? get a life

Good one Dannyboy, and being new here, you should be posting better quality rather than giving people a first impression of the sub-standard quality of what comes out of your mouth, in this case SHIT.

If you are looking for a trolling session, choose another site. By the looks of things hunting down a quote from March 2004, I think its you who needs to get a life, as you got way too much time on your hands.

Way to go there Danny Boy. Cracked open another year and a half old thread just to add a smart assed one liner. Your judged here not by the quantity of your posts, but by the quality. Every once in a while we get one that does this, and we find it immature, tedious and a waste of everyone's time. You may want to take it under advisement, but your blip on the radar screen is beginning to glow rather brightly.

How true Recce, and yet another classic example why some animals in the wild EAT their young.

Cheers,

Wes

Wow....disgruntled or what??? AFGHANISTAN gets the AR cadpat. So does the Golan....what's the problem??? The Golan turns it in too!! Get a life....no-one is being put out. Apparently you've also never been to the Golan. Not a real tour....OK then...tell that to the pers who were there with me getting shot at by the IDF (at posn 22, or the Ausbatt guys taking in the IDF mortars at posn 27). Or the observers taking the pot shots coming in from the settlements and the encampments...or the 2 Canadian female soldiers who just happened to survive the IED that wrote-off their vehicle last month. Take a look out the front gates left and right to see the minefields surrounding the camp....and beware before you go next to any place outside the gates which we all see on TV getting the crap blown out of them....speak of that of which you know......been there...done that...it's an area of shoot first ask questions later...so relax about it..keep your head up...stay safe.

Back