• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Desert Boots

PViddy said:
... I want somthing light weight and cool for the summer ...

Jungle boots are lighter, but with regard to "cool" I suspect you're more interested in LCF
(and as far as JB's being issued - I was issued green ones when I was being kitted out for Rwanda, and when I got my DB's for Afghanistan I saw black JB's being issued to PALLADIUM Roto 13)

I'm glad to hear you're going to purchase your Gucci boots legally using your own money, rather than abusing the supply system and depriving somebody who really needs them (i.e. overseas).

RE: Another quick one to fly by everyone.   I take about a 12E in my standard issue black combat boots.   Desert boots are relatively the same size ? or should i go up or down ?   thanks guys

Personaly I found I had to take my DB up a few sizes cause I couldnt fit my foot through the arch I went from a 81/2F Mk to 10 in the DB. Something to look for as well is some of the DB styles (not sure which one) has a anti mine (everylittle bit helps) ridge down the center of the sole that can make the boot a tad bit uncomfortable to some.

Gucci! who wears Gucci! Versaci is where it's at.  the boots will go great with my diamond cap badge and CADPAT Lexus.  :p and BTW i couldn't get issued DB's even if i tried.

cheers

PV

Out of curiosity, what do people usually wear with the desert boots? Or with jungle boots?

Makes sense... easier then trying to jam a hat down there...

Well, with any kind of suede shoe,  try to stick to Khakis or light colored pants......

Are Carpis ok, or should I wear a full length pant?

I think full length is the way to go, If you have nice calves you could roll up the legs for that swashbuckling look..... Unless you've resoled your DBs with black vibram soles, in which case don't do that.

I'm wondering what the current CF issued desert boot for troops in Afghanistan is?

Is it the same US-type Desert boot that was modelled on the jungle boot with the Panama Sole, but in tan and without drain vents,
http://www.altama.com/Tp1/item_detail.aspx?ItemCode=4156

OR,

is it the 'new' US desert boot?
http://www.coveshoe.com/ItemDisplay.asp?Style=4390&CategoryID=34

They have just changed boots, so depending on foot size and what is in stock, you may get either.......but then I am not a Bin Rat.

Many are also wearing Original SWAT desert boots.

Matt, the new boot is made by Boulet, originally a cowboy boot manufacturer, they took the current WWB (Wet Weather Boot), inserted a small piece of razor sharp rawhide into the heel, and put some canvas on the sides.  Looks like the one you linked, but doesn't feel like it at all.  The Tri-fecta is coming on line now, as the new GPB (General Purpose Boot) is the WWB, sans goretex, without the padding around the top.  And the finishing touch, the TCB (Temperate Combat Boot) is the same as the Desert, only in CADPAT and the leather is smooth instead of the textured desert leather.  If your feet are not happy in the WWB's, hang onto your Mk 3's.

Bomber said:
Matt, the new boot is made by Boulet, originally a cowboy boot manufacturer, they took the current WWB (Wet Weather Boot), inserted a small piece of razor sharp rawhide into the heel, and put some canvas on the sides.  Looks like the one you linked, but doesn't feel like it at all. 

+1, absolute junk.

i knew there was a reason i bought the Danner Acadia DB's.......  thank god for Med Chits! I was told by my OIC that the DBs we will be getting are the SWAT DB's..... any idea if thats a possibility? or should i just continue to watch and shoot?

Cpl Thompson said:
i knew there was a reason i bought the Danner Acadia DB's.......  thank god for Med Chits! I was told by my OIC that the DBs we will be getting are the SWAT DB's..... any idea if thats a possibility? or should i just continue to watch and shoot?

Some were getting them issued, so keep your fingers crossed. I paid about $55US for mine online, and worth every penny. As soon as I got back I got a chit and now I get black SWATS through the system.

I was issued the boulet steel toe variety and I found the very comfortable once the were broken in. I would recommend the Magnum's or Belleville's though. I have the black Magnum's and they are like wearing sneakers.

http://www.magnumboots.com/magnum_06_desert_series.html

http://www.bellevilleshoe.com/bootseries/790seriespub.htm

Back