• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Deemed crazy and want to join?

Furthermore, tell me what is wrong about what I said? I just relayed exactly what my doctor told me, who is familiar with this issue Mr. Paramedtec.

strongchristian said:
Furthermore, tell me what is wrong about what I said? I just relayed exactly what my doctor told me, who is familiar with this issue Mr. Paramedtec.

most Doctors are familiar with Doctor/patient confidentiality, it's true...but to join and serve in the military, there are certain freedoms that you must be willing to allow the military to bypass.

you have the right to refuse the military to view your criminal and medical records, but by refusing the military to view these said records, they cannot make a decision on your application, and therefore you will not be enrolled or commissioned in the forces.

also, from past experience in the military application process, most civillian doctors are NOT familliar with the military process of application, and how medical records are reviewed.

ParaMedTech has VERY accurately quoted and paraphrased documents that MUST be completed for the military application process, and his advice is quite valid
¨
(edit for SP)

Strongchristian:

The tone of your reply carried implications that the applicant could, through not disclosing her complete health history to the CFRC/D, gain entry to the CF despite potentially serious medical conditions.

This topic comes up time and again, with the same answer:   Contact CFRC and see what they have to say.  

Despite your informative phone call to your physician YOU DON'T KNOW the rules governing the medical requirements for enrollment of people into the CF, medical confidentiality, or, I would hazard, the complex mess that Canadian privacy law is in at the moment.  

See privacylawyer.ca for more info on medical confidentiality as it applies in different jurisdictions in Canada.   Having read it a couple of times, I'd be genuinely surprised if your GP understood them all, either.   I sure as heck don't, nor do most members of the CMA.

So what you did was post incorrect or incomplete information that is outside your scope of knowledge, which certainly doesn't help anybody.   Make sense?

DF

Thanks for the vote of confidence, Sig_Des, I try to help.

If No professional has deemed you crazy, then your not (in my opinion)  further more, if you know nothing is wrong, go to another doctor, have a meeting and have it proved with a diagnosis that you are fine (although another meeting with a doc could be harmfull so wait for another members opinion on this or just ignore it please.) 

the above is in my opinion, if I'm wrong about something I'm more then sure another member will point it out and correct me.

now i noticed everyone is skipping one thing, you said you have dyslexia i don't know if this would make a problem or not but i bring it up so its in the light for other members who know something on the subject.

just out of curiosity what exactly are you going for in the Canadian forces?

I am hoping to join the Toronto Scottish regiment out of fort York, they are an infantry devision. I've always liked the idea of getting run around in the muck and play with guns  >:D.

I didn't worry to much about the dyslexia problem because by bf recently told me their is a corporal, Sargent or something there that is relay dyslexic.  I should do alright as long as they don't hassle me for spelling, ask me to read anything quickly or out loud.

All of this will be done as sometime after my bf gets back from course on the 18th, I have to get my school transcripts as well and I can't go to my old school with out him. So I figure that by Sept. I will have all my things sorted out.

-Sarah

strongchristian said:
Hi Sarah, I phoned my doctor just out of curiousity and came up with the following. Anything you say between your doctor and you is off limits for CF recruiters, unless you sign a release form allowing them to pull up records from your doctor or psychiatrist's office, etc. So if don't bring it up and haven't signed any release form then they cannot know about what happens behind those closed doors. Even if you were in counselling for two years, if you didn't sign a release form, it shouldn't be known by them.

However, your record of prescription-medecine taking is fully accessible by the CF, so the recruiters can derive form that information what they will.

StrongChristian

Stay in your lane. There are consequesnses for not doing so here. Look around and you'll notice otheres who have strayed in one form or another.

Slim
STAFF

Back