• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Death in the family and Policy associated.

Status
Not open for further replies.

boyblue

Inactive
Reaction score
Searched found nothing hoping someone mite be able to answer this question how does it work if you have a death in the family example aunt/uncle are you able to have a day your two off to pay respects with the family? Thank-you for your time. :salute:

It depends on where you are, what you're doing, and your chain of command. That is a question I would bring up with your CoC but unless you know when something is going to happen it's kind of hard to get permission to do something without a date/time/place/etc.

BOYBLUE said:
Searched found nothing hoping someone mite be able to answer this question how does it work if you have a death in the family example aunt/uncle are you able to have a day your two off to pay respects with the family?

Topic: "Bereavement leave entitlements":
http://forums.milnet.ca/forums/threads/28063/post-181107.html#msg181107

According to the CF Leave Policy manual, you should be able to get Compassionate Leave.  I had always thought that for the purposes of Compassionate Leave, it was only immediate family - but there's no definition in the manual so I suspect you should be able to get it with chain of command approval.

As far as Compassionate Travel Assistance (which is to assist you financially with travelling) goes, that applies only to a death in the member's or member's spouse's immediate family - child, parent or siblings.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back