• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Deadliest Warrior on Spike TV

Shaolin Monk vs. Maori was good, real martial artists and in good shape, I don't stand a chance against them !

"One fights for perfection; the other to honor his ancestors. A Shaolin Monk - the ultimate pacifist killing machine from China versus a Maori - fierce, bone-crushing warrior from New Zealand. Steel whips, metal spikes and wickedly versatile hooks versus wood, shark teeth, stingray spines and stone. The hardest weapon on the battlefield is not made of steel." Quote from the website: www.spike.com/show/31082

OK ok total necro post I know but....

So I was flipping channels and caught the lead host of the show saying he had spent a lot of time with CF yadda yadda...

Peaked my interest so I did a little bit of research and found this on his personal page

http://geoffdesmoulin.com/page9384.htm  You'll see CISM Biathlon Team... anyway now I am curious what his trade was (I am suspecting Med tech as in his resume he has paramedic) and who he worked with.

Deadliest Warrior – Fact vs Fiction

Another major problem I have with the show are the so-called ‘experts’ that they employ. The main host Geoffrey Thor (don’t laugh) Desmoulin is a published medical scientist, and injects the only actual science into the show (although his touted experience in the Canadian armed forces doesn’t appear even on his own CV). His helper appears to be a (student) game designer, so I suppose can legitimately be described as a ‘programmer’ and ‘computer whiz’. However, the computer programme that he wrangles is highly suspect, involving punching numbers into a spreadsheet which is then interpreted over a series of encounters using a modified piece of computer game code. These guys have taken a closer look at it, and to me its clear that even ignoring the dubious data that’s being fed into it, there’s little chance that it’s producing meaningful results from it.

Geoff actually did mention he was in the CF on one episode.  I take it as fun entertainment and not much more.

He didn't necessarily have to be in the CF to have been on the CISM team.  If you look at the second line in the link from BulletMagnet:

Gold and Silver Medallist at 1990 Canadian Civilian Championships

Probably did a three year contract on the "athletic scholoarship" and then got out.    ::)

Back