• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Customizing Your C7?

howitzer89

Inactive
Reaction score
I tried the search bar, couldn't find anything though so if there is a thread about this I apologize.

I am just curious to learn when you are able to customize your c7 rifle? I'm guessing you're not allowed to change anything what so ever in BMQ, but when your graduated are you issued you'r own rifle and can add what ever you want to it? This is the least of my concerns I'm just really curious. I'm also applying to the navy so not even sure if i receive my own C7 lol.

edit to fix title - I couldn't stand reading Customizing You C7 one more time.

You won't keep your C7 after BMQ in the Navy.

You don't even keep your C7 in the infantry. Whenever they get handed in to the vault anything we put on them gets taken off.

Weapons Techs and people like me take a dim view of non approved mods to weapons.

If you want a modified C7, I would suggest that you get your RPAL (Restricted Possession License) and buy an AR-15 and modify it to your hearts delight. 

Modifying a military weapon is not on and you will probably be in front of your CO doing the hatless dance if you do so.

Why are you even thinking about modifying your weapon when you aren't even in yet?

On tour, depending on your unit and position there are some add ons that are OK, as long as they aren't a permament mod.  Some guys have their own vert grips, RAS, etc  I think it's fairly safe that none of the above would apply to you though, especially right now. If you want to customize a rifle, like what was said above get buy your own rifle.

Here's a tip, and it's free:

Learn how to shoot first, with the basic rifle. Fancy Schmancy techniques ie Gunfighter drills can only be taught to those who can shoot proficiently on a conventional range.

Jim Seggie said:
Weapons Techs and people like me take a dim view of non approved mods to weapons.

Prepare to be blinded....

http://i.imgur.com/Q1VuY.png

I'll toss in a comment about making baby Jesus cry....

(Save KevinB from sayig it)

Interestingly, my personal AR-15's look remarkably "stock" when compared to an issued C-7....I never saw a need for a RAS or RIS on my rifles....I don't have a fancy laser or coffee-mug holder to add on.

NS

NavyShooter said:
Interestingly, my personal AR-15's look remarkably "stock" when compared to an issued C-7....I never saw a need for a RAS or RIS on my rifles....I don't have a fancy laser or coffee-mug holder to add on.

NS

Then you're not cool  8)

Jim Seggie said:
Here's a tip, and it's free:

Learn how to shoot first, with the basic rifle. Fancy Schmancy techniques ie Gunfighter drills can only be taught to those who can shoot proficiently on a conventional range.

lol thanks for the tip but I have my pal, and have shot a large list of guns including the m249 SAW, m4, mp5, M9 , sks, and the g36 :p. Ugh why can't we have American laws here.

Thanks for the replies though guys, I was just curious on what you were able to do.

howitzer89 said:
lol thanks for the tip but I have my pal, and have shot a large list of guns including the m249 SAW, m4, mp5, M9 , sks, and the g36 :p. Ugh why can't we have American laws here.

Thanks for the replies though guys, I was just curious on what you were able to do.

Wow.  You need to sort your attitude out something fierce before you even dream of puttling on the uniform.

howitzer89 said:
lol thanks for the tip but I have my pal, and have shot a large list of guns including the m249 SAW, m4, mp5, M9 , sks, and the g36

Having shot alot of different guns and knowing how to shoot are two very different things. Using your logic there are thousands of Japanese tourists in Waikiki that become proficient shooters every year.  ::)

howitzer89 said:

What does shooting alot of guns have to do with shooting well?

I didn't mean any disrespect what so ever I apologize if it came across that way.

CDN Aviator said:
Using your logic there are thousands of Japanese tourists in Waikiki that become proficient shooters every year.  ::)

I love the 80-year old Japanese woman wearing a sandwich board who wanders around saying "Bang! Bang!"

...and my wife wants to go back and fire larger calibre weapons next time...

Back