• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

CTB on BOTP

fofo said:
i'd like to know what happens when warnings are given towards the end of BOTP....warning related to weapon handling and safety durinng the 2nd last week of BOTP...what are the chances of passing the course despite a warning?

As Eye in the Sky said, could you elaborate? In addition to the questions he asked, what was the extent of the warning? IIRC, CFLRS has as pretty standardized disciplinary system. Was it a verbal "Don't f*cking do that again." a "swipe" or a "counselling"? Also, how long ago was the incident? If it was something as serious as a charge coming up the pipe, they won't hide it from you, you will know ASAP. So my guess if you haven't been told exactly what will happen in a reasonable amount of time would be that you got off with a verbal tongue-lashing and have been sent on your way.

Well that depends on what kind of 'warning' the trainee received, referring to what benny88 said above.  ;D

(On a side note, they don't go on many field trips on BOTP.  ;D  You mean field exercises, called a field ex, or FTX)

So 'he/she' got a verbal, meaning it is considered dealt with unless it happens again.

If it does happen again, the candidate will move up on the warning system to the next, or higher, level. 

Wpns safety is of the UTMOST IMPORTANCE.  Why?

This is the first reason that comes to my mind. 

I was at his funeral.  He is never coming back.

fofo said:
warnings were verbal in nature and it was said that upon repitition, the candidate may be recourses...ive read a lot of threads and a lot of times ive read that warnings towards the end of BOTP may mean stressing candidates out in order to help them put their acts together and also that BMOQ is designed to help you pass!!! unless candidates lack enthusiasm and motivation or for medical reasons.

If you are on your way to a recourse, it will be a more formal process than your instructor just warning you verbally. That doesn't mean that this person shouldn't clean up their act, but I wouldn't panic about it. Soldier on and try to fix mistakes. And don't look too deeply into the "stressing towards the end of BOTP." The instructors are not evil masterminds. Perhaps you're referring to the stress you will face on Ex-Vimy, but that will be within the parameters of the exercise, the instructors don't mind-f**k Officer Cadets for fun.

fofo, listen carefully,

If serious disciplinary action like a recourse is possible, you will be informed. There's no use dwelling on it, and there's even less use asking the forum, because we have limited knowledge of the situation. Also, pay more attention to Eye in the Sky's correction. It's not a "Farnham jolly lorry ride in the park" it's an exercise.

fofo said:
given the fact that these 3 simultaneous warnings came together towards the end of BOTP and also that it was the first time that the candidate was given warnings!! what are the candidate's chances of passing the course...Afterall the candidate is still under triaining and that the weapon was pointed and not triggered...and by field trip i meant the Farnham trip...I am pretty concerned as to what is going to happen next...i hope and wish, recourse is not likely to happen!

If all that has happened to date was a verbal warning, I would suggest that its not going any further.  (Of course, that is advice given on an Internet site from me, and I  am a 14 hour drive from CFLRS.  I am not there) but its *seems* like it is staying at the verbal warning stage at this point.

Instead of focusing on 'what might happen', focus on making sure it doesn't happen again and understanding WHY weapons safety is taken so seriously.  *People can, and have, died*.

If you just finished Vimy last week or something and are back at the Mega now, and this happened last week, I would think that if more was going to happen than what did, it would have started by now.  Thats a guess.  If that is the case, you may see something on your weekly assessment, or Course Report or something of that nature in the form of a generic statement.  "OCdt Bloggins must always pay strict attention to weapons safety at all times".  

If you want to get more specific, feel free to PM.  I am sure benny88 would reply to a PM as well, and...he's been at CFLRS since I left there I think.  *more current info*.

Breathe in.  Relax.  Learn from the mistake.  Dust yourself off.  Tuck the lesson away.  Carry on.

fofo said:
you r rite benny...wts the point worrying when the outcome is not in my hands...i m not the candidate nor is there anything i can do to help the candidate except be patient and wait for the weekend..and just to let you know i know that when recourse is underconsideration, the candidate is supposed to b informed like the one i am talking about...he was told that upon repitition of those mistakes, he'll be asked to recourse...
Thankyou Eye in the Sky...uve been a great help

An English or typing coach would ge a great help too.......

Back