• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Cpl. Francisco Gomez, & Cpl. Jason Patrick Warren

If its the Gomez I know he was with the Patrica's (2VP) attached to the Strats for the Anti-Armour platoon.
According to this http://www.ctv.ca/servlet/ArticleNews/story/CTVNews/20060718/afghanistan_template_060722/20060722?hub=TopStories

my fears are accurate.  Mother F**ker!

Quagmire said:
If its the Gomez I know he was with the Patrica's (2VP) attached to the Strats for the Anti-Armour platoon.
According to this http://www.ctv.ca/servlet/ArticleNews/story/CTVNews/20060718/afghanistan_template_060722/20060722?hub=TopStories

my fears are accurate.  Mother F**ker!

Photos I saw on CBC Newsworld showed a youngish chap with no hat, followed by a guy with a grey-tinged moustache and glasses, wearing a beret (couldn't tell what colour) with PPCLI cap badge.  My condolences....

RIP Cpl's Gomez and Warren.  May they rest in Peace, may the injured recover quickly, and may their families be comforted.
:salute:

The condolences, thoughts and prayers of my family go out to those lost and wounded, their families and comrades.  Needless to say, if there is anything that I or my family can do , please do not hesitate to ask.

http://www.cbc.ca/story/world/national/2006/07/22/soldiers.html
Pictures here.  The second pic is the guy I knew.

I just woke up to this sad news on Fox at 0630 our time Sunday. Again, my thoughts are with their mates overseas, and their families and friends back home.

:cdn:

Wes

Son of a bitch. Not another two... :( My thoguths for their families and buddies. I'm working with a couple guys from the Black Watch right now... Not an easy afternoon for them.

One of the wounded was airlifted to Germany- anyone heard anything on his reported condition, or is that being kept quiet for the time being?

Corporal Francisco Gomez of the Princess Patricia’s Canadian Light Infantry based in Edmonton, Alberta was one of two Canadian soldiers killed on July 22, 2006 when a suicide bomber rammed a vehicle packed with explosives into their convoy approximately 5 kilometres west of Kandahar City on Highway One. Cpl. Gomez was travelling in a combat service support convoy that was returning to Kandahar Airfield after successful operations in Helmand and Kandahar provinces. Eight other Canadian soldiers were injured in the same incident.

My condolences to the family and friends of Cpl's Gomez and Warren
May they Rest in Peace

I also wish the wounded a speedy recovery

:salute:  :cdn:  :salute:

Corporal Jason Patrick Warren of The Black Watch (Royal Highland Regiment) of Canada based in Montreal was one of two Canadian soldiers killed on July 22, 2006 when a suicide bomber rammed a vehicle packed with explosives into their convoy approximately 5 kilometres west of Kandahar City on Highway One. Cpl. Warren was travelling in a combat service support convoy that was returning to Kandahar Airfield after successful operations in Helmand and Kandahar provinces. Eight other Canadian soldiers were injured in the same incident.

Back