• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Cpl. Christopher Jonathan Reid

Booked_Spice

Inactive
Reaction score
As Per article in Ctv news

http://www.ctv.ca/servlet/ArticleNews/story/CTVNews/20060731/afghanistan_bomb_060803/20060803?hub=TopStories

A Canadian soldier has been killed and four others have been injured in two separate roadside bombings in Afghanistan.

Killed in the first incident was Cpl. Christopher Jonathan Reid, whose LAV III vehicle was hit by a roadside bomb about 4:30 a.m., about 30 kms west of Kandahar City in the Pashmul area.

Another soldier was injured in that bombing, but with non-life threatening injuries.

Reid, with the 1st Battalion of the Princess Patricia's Canadian Light Infantry, was just weeks away from returning to Canada.

He has become the 20th soldier to be killed since Canadian Forces began working in Afghanistan in early 2002, and the 12th to die in the last six months.

A second roadside bomb struck the same area about 7:15 a.m. The LAV III was hit and three Canadian soldiers were wounded. One is in good condition, and two had only minor injuries.

All were airlifted to the Kandahar Airfield for medical treatment

The soldiers were taking part in Operation Bravo Corridor, aimed at clearing the main highway (Highway #1) for civilian and military traffic.

The road is the economic lifeline for southern Afghanistan, but also the scene of so many Taliban and militant attacks.

On Tuesday, an artillery soldier was slightly injured during the firing of a 777 Howitzer from the Zharie District Centre in the same vicinity on the same operation.

RIP Soldier  :salute: :cdn:

May the families find comfort in knowing that he died for his country. God Bless his family in this difficult time.

To those wounded I wish you a speedy recovery

So close from home...

R.I.P. Cpl. Reid, your sacrifice will not be forgotten.  :salute:
My thoughts with the family, may he be remembered for all the good things he has done.

Speedy and complete recovery to the wounded, home is not far.

Douke

R.I.P Cpl. Christopher Jonathan Reid  :salute: Condolences to his family and friends, speedy recovery to the injured soldiers.  :cdn:

Condolences for the family, and colleagues....

:salute:

condolences to the family and friends of this young man.  We thank you for your sacrifice, RIP.  :salute: :cdn:

:cdn: RIP Cpl Reid  :cdn:

My condolences to his Regimental Family, comrades, loved ones, friends and family.

Speedy recoveries to the wounded troops.

My thoughts and prayers are with all the family and friends of Cpl Reid and the injured.

Elisha

I feel like such a tool.  I've posted in this thread, but I neglected to offer my condolences to the deceased.  RIP.  I sincerely hope that his family and loved ones are comforted in this time of tragedy.

He was my cousin, God bless his soul, he deserved so much better. He was abit odd but was a very good soldier and made us laugh at some of the things he did. My Heart is heavy today and filled with anger.  RIP brother!

Our condolences to the entire Reid family. Our thoughts and prayers are with you at your time of sorrow. :salute:

Dave Payne

This is not what I wished my first post to be about.  However war, much like time, waits for no one. 

My deepest condolences and prayers go out to Corporal Reid's family, his 'muckers' and 'mates', and his Regiment. 

RIP

Woke up to the news, it sucks whenever we lose somebody, rest in peace and condolences to the family and comrades.

Back