• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Cpl. Christopher Jonathan Reid

RIP solider. Your duty is done, and now, your will come home for the last time.  :salute: Rest In Peace

It really isn't a good morning when you wake up to news such as this.

RIP Hero. My thoughts and prayers are with his family. I wish a full and speedy recovery to the injured.

Canada grieves yet again.  :cdn:

+ 1 Pea

To the World he may just be another soldier, but to those who loved him, he may have been their world....

Condolences and prayers go out to his family and freinds.

RIP  :cdn:  :salute:

I trust that I may be forgiven a short quote from the fourth stanza of the Star Spangled Banner,

O thus be it ever, when freemen shall stand
Between their loved home and the war's desolation!

Nationalities aside, there are few more poignant expressions of a soldier's duty.

A duty that Corporal Reid, and the others before him, carried out with honour and professionalism.

A duty that cost him his life, us a comrade, and our nation a loved son.

Requiescat in pace.

At ease Cpl Reid, peace at last

At the going down of the sun, and in the morn
we will remember them!

Chimo!

The most bitter time of all to lose a soldier, so close to going home, when friends and family are counting the days. RIP, Patricia.
:cdn: :salute:

VP.

My coldolences to the soldier as well.

I am a Globe and Mail newspaper reporter, and I've been asked to write about Corporal Christopher Jonathan Reid's life and sacrifice. If anyone out there knew him or has a story they would like to tell, please email me at cfreeze@globeandmail.ca.

RIP Cpl Reid your country is still proud of you.  :salute:

My sincere condolences to the family of Cpl Cris Reid.It was a pleasure to serve with Chris in Bosnia and working on the advance Tow course together.I will always remember story time beside the fire pit in Drvar.I laughed,I cried, I almost fell into the fire!!! Your fire will never be put out. We will remember them.

Tow Tripod

VP

We Breathe Fire and Death

My sincere condolences to Cpl Chris Reid's family on this sombre day. 

While I was the Station Warrant Officer at CFS Alert in 2004, I had the distict pleasure of working with Chris, where Chris was my assistant.  Chris was a hardworking, very good humoured, and friendly man who made my job much easier and more enjoyable. 

Rest in peace my friend, you will not be forgotten.

Doug Heath
Victoria, BC

Condolences from my wife and I.  Our thoughts and prayers are for Cpl. Reid, his family, loved ones and comrades.

Such sad news!

I send my most heartfelt condolences to his family, friends, and to anyone who had the pleasure of knowing him.

RIP :salute:

http://www.legacy.com/can-nationalpost/Guestbook.asp?Page=GuestBook&PersonID=18731492

Most heart felt condolences to the Reid family...

RIP Cpl Reid  :salute:

HL

Back