• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Country Restrictions

That list is a joke.
For example: Panama and Belize are listed with an asterisk but Honduras, Nicaragua, El Salvador, Dominican Republic and Costa Rica are not.
In each one of those countries the crime rate is higher than in Panama an Belize. Each of these countries have similar or worse health concerns than Panama or Belize.
Panama has a better health care system than any of these other countries.
That being said, if you are just going to a resort in any of these countries you are as safe as anywhere.

I've found that most Canadian gov. departments are the slowest to update their information - compared to the US, UK, etc. - perhaps with a regional bias since the Canadian gov seems pretty ignorant about most countries south of the US.

(I grew up in Panama and visit often)

cheers,
Frank

Pana, I tend to agree with you. Mind there are parts of Belize City north of the swing bridge I would not recommend venturing into at night, same with some of the road side "bars" out past the airport on the way to the Capitol and the Guat Border.  :eek: :eek:

Same for certain parts of Panama City especially some of the older areas. Mind if you can pass for a local, easy in Panama for me, not so in Belize and have some basic common sense you should be GTG.

I agree re Government sites being slow to update and/or inaccurate, hey soemtimes they're good for a laught though. The US State Dept info on travel to Cuba for example. If your idea of a trip down south involves more than hanging around the resort's swim up all inclusive bar then some good research is essential. Sites/forums like Lonely Plant and/or Rough Guide are probably the best for real time info once you sift through the left wing granola politics.

If your idea of a trip down south involves more than hanging around the resort's swim up all inclusive bar then some good research is essential. Sites/forums like Lonely Plant and/or Rough Guide are probably the best for real time info once you sift through the left wing granola politics.
Precisely.
And don't forget this site. Most of the people here (yours truly included) are ready to offer opinions and good advise.  :)

cheers,
Frank

PanaEng said:
Precisely.
And don't forget this site. Most of the people here (yours truly included) are ready to offer opinions and good advise.  :)

cheers,
Frank

Usually along the lines of what bars places of cultural interest  to get in trouble in visit.  8)

Danjanou said:
Usually along the lines of what bars places of cultural interest  to get in trouble in visit.  8)
:cheers:

but that's were all the fun stuff happens...
those who want to stay in the resort and dance the macarena one more time... be my guest!
the rest, follow me and wear fast shoes  ;D

Back