• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Cook and PARA course

Status
Not open for further replies.

DEVES

Inactive
Reaction score
Hey ,
Just wondering has anyone ever heard of a cook getting there jump wings. Ive never seen one with them unless they were infantry before.

IF someone was extremly motivated and very physically fit what would the chances be. Also like to add what if this person is in the reserves.

Thanks.

Cant say I have ever heard of anyone getting theirs if they are cooks, but then again im not in the army. It would probably be very difficult to get into because I hear the most Infantry reservisits have troubles getting on the course

uuuuh yeah. Thanks for your input there Alex.

If you are a cook who has completed jump school as a cook, or personally know of one that completed it while a cook, please provide the details. No other speculative replies are needed.

Thanks,

The Staff

Derek,
Desire to take the para course is, unfortunately, not enough.
For the time bieng, the number of Para course serials are relatively limited. Para courses are being conducted to maintain capacity in the Light infantry battalions (para coy), SAR Techs and air crews.

An unfortunate fact of Reserve Reality is that when your unit nominates you to go on a para course.... your unit will have to pay for your salary, travel expenses and your share of the course overhead) Even at a Cpl's salary, we're talking about a good chunk of change. Now, let me ask you, does your unit suffer from the very rare disease of "too much money"? or are they like most units - scrambling to trim training thru Feb & March to Zero balance their budget?

Don't want to be a party pooper but, if it comes down to sending you on a non essential course OR having the transport platoon go out on Ex for a weekend (with field kitchens) ... the Ex wins every time.

Nevertheless, don't give up hope, unless they stop giving para courses, there's always a chance...

Good luck!

Chimo!

I know a reg force cook who got the jump course(as a cook), and a reserve weapon tech who got the course aswell. Priority does go to reg force infantry, but its not impossible to get on the course as a CSS an/or reservist.

Thanks for the info guys,

Much appreciated.
does your unit suffer from the very rare disease of "too much money"? or are they like most units
I think thats self explanatory. What unit has too much money?

Take care.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back