• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Controversial hoax article - "IMMIGRANTS, NOT Canadians MUST ADAPT"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Brad Sallows said:
As far as we know, everyone in the Americas is an immigrant.  Is there some magic threshold of time at which you become "native" to a land - perhaps birth?
Well if that's the case, if you think that there isn't a threshold of time in which we become 'native' to a land, then why do we call the Innu and Inuit "natives"? 

That'll open a whole can of worms, but this whole indian status card thing makes me sick. A guy at work is like 1/8 indian and now he's going to get all the taxes back that he ever paid in, as well, he'll never have to pay taxes for the rest of his live. I think all citizens should pay taxes, no exceptions. If you reap the benefits, you pay.

Five-to-One,

If you're a LEGAL immigrant, or a citizen, it's all good, but people fighting for the rights of illegal immigrants in Canada, or even the USA for that matter makes me sick. IMO if you're an illegal immigrant, you have no rights. There are many people waiting in line to come into our country legally so they may contribute to our society as well as benefit it.

Even if you work to the bone, if you're an illegal immigrant here, I have no respect for you. I can't stand free-loaders.

I dont wanna give off the wrong impression here, Born an raised Erin Mills, and I do agree with the illegal immigrants and 1/8th native guy points, im not a frikken hippie

Fry, perhaps you should review this post from a previous discussion about thinly veiled hate mongering:

Fry said:
Although I still think it's immoral and stuff, I can't help the way I've been raised. But, I shouldn't have came on here acting like a turd, it should have been done in a more professional manner.

To those who PM'ed me, sry, but for some reason someone up'ed my warning level thing and I can't send private msgs for a week or 2... Oh well.

To Trinity: Thank-you for the insightful posts. Especially the last one. Made me realize a few things. If I get through the recruitment process and into the forces, yes I will have to work alongside homosexual people, black, white, asian, african, and many more. I would treat a homosexual person just as I would anyone else, despite they way I was raised, and the beliefs I currently have.

Again, apologies to those who've been angered by my previous posts. I'll stop with the whole apology bit now, hopefully the message got across. :cdn: :salute: :cdn:

Michael O'Leary said:
Fry, perhaps you should review this post from a previous discussion about thinly veiled hate mongering:
Here we go again. Thinly viled hate mongering? Are you joking Michael O'Leary? I'd like to see where in this thread that I'm hate mongering. I'm hate mongering because I'm against illegal immigrants? Or is it because I"m against people with 1/8th native status do not have to pay taxes? Equality works both ways.

I'll be the first to admit that earlier in my stay here at army.ca, I was a turdball.

But, if there's anyone on this board who's an illegal immigrant, or looking to avoid paying taxes while benefiting from society, then you know where I stand on the issue. I would bet there are many more on this board who agree.

The message in the posted e-mail is clearly racist thinking thinly veiled as "Christianity";
and you offer clear personal support of its message with:

Fry said:
Hey, I got this in my email, thought it'd be great to share, I'd like some opinions on this, as it seems to be a fairly powerful email.

You obviously didn't research the content of the message to even ascertain if it was an original piece of a bit or internet flotsam, as shown by Gramps. You chose to ignore RecceDG's specific comment here:

RecceDG said:
And thinly-veiled racism, disguised as patriotism, also diminishes Canada.

That's my take on it.

DG

... as well as those who supported his view and responded with:

Fry said:
Unoriginal I agree. I don't totally disagree with the message, however there are points that can be argued. Guess I opened up a can of worms.

I'm all for people being who they are. Canada speaks many different languages, not just English and French. But, I have been in a work place before where the JEwish were allowed to wear their kippa's, there were hindu people with red dots, yet we were informed that we could not have a Christmas tree, nor could we wish one another Merry Christmas, because other minorities at work kicked up a big stink about it. They said it offends them. They were allowed to keep their traditions though because ... well just because they are who they are. Or so I was told.

That's the part of the message I agree with... but definately not with the "we do not speak x, x, x, x, x, x, we speak English and French" part. Diversity is great.

One thing we need to remember, equality and rights work both ways.

IMHO, that is.

Masking your opinions in a vague balancing act, trying to maintain a "discussion" in which you get to make offhand comments about those of other religions and races and inferring it detracts from your own while still maintaining that you think "diversity is great."

So yes, here we go again - with you pushing controversial opinions that push the boundaries of the Conduct Guidelines, and we have been down this road before, haven't we?

ive noticed people used the term "Christmas tree" well now we are supposed to say "holiday tree"  --- just to correct everyone on that  ;)

Xfire said:
ive noticed people used the term "Christmas tree" well now we are supposed to say "holiday tree"  --- just to correct everyone on that  ;)

"We" being?

Reference?

Xfire said:

Xfire "we" does not include me so please do not use it as you would be infering that I am inclusive to your statement, along with I am sure a couple of million others

Because I argued that equality is not one sided, I am a hate mongerer. Fair enough. ::)

im not saying anyone here has called it that nor has too just something ive seen this past Christmas holidays...

http://www.cbc.ca/news/background/holidays/xmas_vs_holidays.html

Xfire said:
im not saying anyone here has called it that nor has too just something ive seen this past Christmas holidays...

http://www.cbc.ca/news/background/holidays/xmas_vs_holidays.html

Interesting link.

Fry said:
Because I argued that equality is not one sided, I am a hate mongerer. Fair enough. ::)

No, it is because you offered these statement to present your case and showed support for them by doing so:

This idea of Canada being a multicultural community has served only to dilute our sovereignty and our national identity.

Therefore, if you wish to become part of our society, learn the language!

"We Stand On Guard For Thee" is our national motto. This is not some Christian, right wing, political slogan.. We adopted this motto because Christian men and women.......on Christian principles............. founded this nation..... and this is clearly documented.

I highly encourage you to take advantage of one other Great Canadian Freedom....... THE RIGHT TO LEAVE.

And then there were your own remarks:

I don't totally disagree with the message, however there are points that can be argued.

There it is, supporting the original message.

...hindu people with red dots...

Couldn't be bothered to understand that it is a significant part of their faith, certainly more than a "Christmas tree".

They were allowed to keep their traditions though because ... well just because they are who they are. Or so I was told.

BY who? Couldn't be bothered to investigate because it already supported your personal beliefs?

IMO if you're an illegal immigrant, you have no rights.

Even if you work to the bone, if you're an illegal immigrant here, I have no respect for you. I can't stand free-loaders.

And what about those "illegal immigarnts" that are found to have legitimate claims?

Your readiness to lump all "immigrants" together under these labels is what gets you your label.  A more open understanding and readiness to research your 'claims' and better define what elements of the system, and what specific behaviour (which is INDEPENDENT of religion and race) you find disagreeable might permit such a discussion.  Unfortunately, you started wrong and just dug deeper when other members pointed out the hollow nature of the case you presented under the guise of "just an e-mail I received."  You may wish to believe it was opportune, it is certainly defineable as inappropriate.

It seems to me these lengthy explanations of the errors of your ways are another characteristic of your earlier behaviour here too.

All this discussion over a bulk email featured on snopes.com....

The moon must be full tonight.
This one is now locked.

This is a letter that was e-mailed to me on 21 June from the Toronto Star - Rather interesting one at that.  I'm just curious since I know nothing about the Toronto Star......... Is it a Conservative newspaper?

ARTICLE BEGINS:

A little blunt and to the point but quite true!!!!!

Will we still be the Country of choice and still be Canada if we continue to make the changes forced on us by the people from other countries that came to live in Canada because it is the  Country  Choice?????? Think about it!

All we have to say is, when will  they do something about MY RIGHTS?

I celebrate Christmas...........but because it isn't  celebrated  everyone..............we can no longer say Merry Christmas.
Now it has to be Season's Greetings. It's no Christmas vacation, it's Winter Break.  Isn't it amazing how  this winter break ALWAYS occurs over the Christmas holiday?

We've gone so far the other  way, bent over backwards to not offend anyone, that I am now being offended. But it seems that no one has a problem with that. This says all!

This is an editorial written in a Toronto newspaper. He did quite a job; didn't he?  Read on, please!

IMMIGRANTS, NOT Canadians MUST ADAPT.

I am tired of this nation worrying about whether we are offending some  individual or their culture.
Since the terrorist attacks on Sept.  11, we have experienced a surge in patriotism by the majority of  Canadians.
However......  the dust from the attacks had barely settled  when the "politically correct!  " crowd began complaining about the
possibility that our patriotism was offending others.

I am not against immigration, nor do I hold a grudge against anyone who is seeking a better life by coming to Canada. 
Our population is almost entirely made up of descendants of immigrants ( including me!). 
However, there are a few things that those who have recently come to our country, and apparently some born here, need to understand. 
This idea of Canada being a multicultural community has served  only to dilute our sovereignty and our national identity.
As Canadians.......we have our own culture, our own society,  our own language and our own lifestyle.
This culture has been  developed over centuries of struggles, trials, and victories by millions of  men and women who have sought freedom.

We speak  ENGLISH/FRENCH, no Spanish, Portuguese, Arabic, Chinese, Japanese, Russian, or  any other language.
Therefore, if you wish to become part of our society, learn the language!
"We Stand On Guard For Thee" is our national motto.  This is not some Christian, right wing,  political slogan.. 
We adopted this motto because Christian men and women.......on Christian principles.............founded this  nation.....  and this is clearly documented.
It is certainly appropriate to display it on the walls of our schools.
If God offends you, then I suggest you consider another part of the world as your new home.........because God is part of our culture.

We are happy with our culture and have no desire to change, and we really don't care how you did things where you came  from.

This is  OUR COUNTRY, our land, and our lifestyle.

But once you  are done complaining.......  whining......  and griping.......  about our flag.......our pledge......
our national motto........or  our way of life....I highly encourage you to take advantage of one other Great Canadian Freedom.......

THE RIGHT  TO LEAVE.

ARTICLE ENDS

Reccecreman,

Interesting article, was it published? On the Star they are and always have been a Liberal leaning paper.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back