• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Consideration for the Victoria Cross - Afghanistan

I disagree. Wrote up several PRes successfully as well as RegF.

One problem is, people responsible are to lazy or whatever to initiate the process.

One problem is, people responsible are to lazy or whatever to initiate the process.

So, they probably need to find a couple of people like you and keep them fully employed doing that. Seriously.

Years at CBG, never received anything from the units recommending anyone for anything. We would ask via msg, Comd would request at Annual meetings.

Established Bde Commander's Commendation with certificate.

Had to "investigate"/ask around to find anyone.Example.jpg

Years at CBG, never received anything from the units recommending anyone for anything. We would ask via msg, Comd would request at Annual meetings.

Established Bde Commander's Commendation with certificate.

Had to "investigate"/ask around to find anyone.h View attachment 76281

But you'll get stampeded with applications for the next 'Regent isn't dead yet' medal, including self-applications from COs and RSMs ;)

I have to agree. I once as a reg f mbr at a pres unit was contacted by the bde looking for someone to fix up the sloppy submission sent in for a Bde or Div Comd Citation. Ended with me doing all the work to end up with the member getting a presentation from the GG. the award was the MSM.

It seems the latest attempt to award a VC for Afghanistan has been rebuffed.

This is just my opinion and not based on anything other than what I have read else where and watched as it unfolded

Past GG did not want to do anything that involved the Military with regards to religion, or had bag pipes. She would not attend Presentations of Colours ,because of the Drum service. She would not attend anything willingly that had bag pipes playing. She lived in Quebec instead of the Rideau Hall in Otawa.
Present GG has her own agenda and that does not include disagreeing with the PMO, unless it is a Native Canadian issue.

Present Liberal Government has not done anything to that includes any honour system that includes the Crown, Queen or King, no medals were minted to honour Queen Elizabeth II and her long reign as the Head of Canada.

Following their research and deliberations, the first Victoria Cross decoration was struck in 2007, as confirmed by Deputy Herald Chancellor Emmanuelle Sajous, and the medal was officially released to the public on 16 May 2008 by Governor General Michaëlle Jean at Rideau Hall.[29] It was one of 20 cast, each of which is composed of three groupings of metals: that of a Russian cannon captured at the siege of Sevastopol (1854–1855), donated by Queen Elizabeth II; a Confederation Medal, created to mark Canada's confederation in 1867; and a selection of metals from each of Canada's regions. These were cast, rather than struck, continuing the tradition started in the United Kingdom when it was found the metal alloy was too brittle for striking,[1] and finished at the Royal Canadian Mint. The first two were sent to Buckingham Palace for addition to the British Royal Collection and other specimens were kept as part of the Crown Collection at Rideau Hall, as well as at the Department of National Defence, Library and Archives Canada, and the Canadian War Museum

It seems to me all British traditions and history in the Canadian Military are being removed and being replaced with the Star . It has no ties to the British system of honours.

As long as Canada continues to creep away from the British system of honour there will be no VC ever awarded to Canadian again.

It was a mistake not to nominate Jess Larochelle for the VC, but the CAF was waiting to see what would be the bench mark and they dropped the ball. In any other conflict this would of been VC awarded, but the ball was dropped

^^
Ah, the great Canadian inferiority complex strikes again. We as a nation could attempt the great reset in regards to our honours and awards but the result will very much result in something sad and make no one happy. I cannot wait for the abomination that the search for a new RCN March will produce.

This is just my opinion and not based on anything other than what I have read else where and watched as it unfolded

Past GG did not want to do anything that involved the Military with regards to religion, or had bag pipes. She would not attend Presentations of Colours ,because of the Drum service. She would not attend anything willingly that had bag pipes playing. She lived in Quebec instead of the Rideau Hall in Otawa.
Present GG has her own agenda and that does not include disagreeing with the PMO, unless it is a Native Canadian issue.

Present Liberal Government has not done anything to that includes any honour system that includes the Crown, Queen or King, no medals were minted to honour Queen Elizabeth II and her long reign as the Head of Canada.

Following their research and deliberations, the first Victoria Cross decoration was struck in 2007, as confirmed by Deputy Herald Chancellor Emmanuelle Sajous, and the medal was officially released to the public on 16 May 2008 by Governor General Michaëlle Jean at Rideau Hall.[29] It was one of 20 cast, each of which is composed of three groupings of metals: that of a Russian cannon captured at the siege of Sevastopol (1854–1855), donated by Queen Elizabeth II; a Confederation Medal, created to mark Canada's confederation in 1867; and a selection of metals from each of Canada's regions. These were cast, rather than struck, continuing the tradition started in the United Kingdom when it was found the metal alloy was too brittle for striking,[1] and finished at the Royal Canadian Mint. The first two were sent to Buckingham Palace for addition to the British Royal Collection and other specimens were kept as part of the Crown Collection at Rideau Hall, as well as at the Department of National Defence, Library and Archives Canada, and the Canadian War Museum

It seems to me all British traditions and history in the Canadian Military are being removed and being replaced with the Star . It has no ties to the British system of honours.

As long as Canada continues to creep away from the British system of honour there will be no VC ever awarded to Canadian again.

It was a mistake not to nominate Jess Larochelle for the VC, but the CAF was waiting to see what would be the bench mark and they dropped the ball. In any other conflict this would of been VC awarded, but the ball was dropped

Eloquent and succinct as always.

I would argue that the switch back to "Royal" titles for various corps and the CA's pips and crowns are some examples that the British traditions/history are coming back.

I would argue that the switch back to "Royal" titles for various corps and the CA's pips and crowns are some examples that the British traditions/history are coming back.
That was initiated and supported by Peter McKay in 2013. I sincerely doubt that the current LPC would have put weight to that initiative. I believe the only reason they haven't forced reversion is the optics of government waste.

That was initiated and supported by Peter McKay in 2013. I sincerely doubt that the current LPC would have put weight to that initiative. I believe the only reason they haven't forced reversion is the optics of government waste.

They did change the general officers' rank insignia, though.

Back