• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Component Transfer ( CT ) - Reserve to Regular

The Sgt will administer everything, and task various agencies to go through your paperwork. You'll need a medical if its not current, a PT test if not current I believe, and interview would only be if you're changing trades.

I heard back from NDHQ on the 11th of December, asking for my home & work phone numbers as well as acknowledging that I had started the CT. They also asked for me to verify my MPRR (which I'm going to go update today, since I just did 18 days of Class B) and asked the same of my unit's Chief Clerk. Hopefully they're back from their block leave now and I'll hear from them in the next few weeks.

If they are still on block leave, let me know your UIC so I can get my Career Manager to post me there.  8)

Good luck with the rest of the process!

and asked the same of my unit's Chief Clerk.

Yes - they are back from their leave.
(from my kitchen window, I look down into the BOR - they looked busy last night)

geo said:
Yes - they are back from their leave.
(from my kitchen window, I look down into the BOR - they looked busy last night)

..... and we got a peeper ........

;D

Ahem - NO.... A supervisor >:D

God sees all & knows all  - you should know that by now

Heh, thanks guys for the help and encouragement. I'm very excited to get my career moving forward, and I'll keep posting updates (if that's considered appropriate?)

So the wait begins, I put in my CT application on 5 Jan 09.  Spoke to someone third week in because I had some questions, and was told they were working on Oct 08 application.  I did receive that email requesting that I make sure my MPRR is uptodate and my address for F&E.  I'm thinking maybe the 1 Apr 09 transfer date I requested will not be happening.

If you're transfering to the same trade, I think you'll be fine for your transfer date. There are hard time limits set down to get people through red tape, DMCA was very quick for me once the email got sent for MPRR confirmation.

We will see, it is just a slide to the right, everything is up-to-date and equivelant, they just have to count the time in I guess.  It has only been three and a half weeks, I need to be more patient.  It's just that my Class B/A is coming up for competition, and I don't want to make them sit a board for me if they don't have to.  I'm off to Vancouver for Op Silver, so I will have some distraction soon.

Hi guys, i wanted to know your opinion about that, i am right now processing to going from sup res to first res, i have started everything 9 months ago, but i am quite sure i will asked for a transfer to the regular forces soon after i'm in.  you must now ask yourself why going in the reserve if you want to transfer when you're in, Well that's because i changed career orientation and CF is now a very good option for me as a career, plus I wanted to try to work 6 month in a row full time, like being tasked on something right after my summer at valcartier to see if i like it to wake up every morning and go work for the army not just the w-e .  I am also changing regiment from 12 RBC to 6e22r.

Now here's my question, Is my regiment going to be mad at me cause I stay only a few months at the regiment to ask my transfer?

Secondly, Are the recruiting staff building my documents gonna be real tired of me changing minds in not too long and will it be longer because of that or quicker cause I just did all the test medical,pt,interview.

Thanks for helping me out, I can't wait to work for the Canadian Forces again

Big burn said:
Hi guys, i wanted to know your opinion about that, i am right now processing to going from sup res to first res, i have started everything 9 months ago, but i am quite sure i will asked for a transfer to the regular forces soon after i'm in.  you must now ask yourself why going in the reserve if you want to transfer when you're in, Well that's because i changed career orientation and CF is now a very good option for me as a career, plus I wanted to try to work 6 month in a row full time, like being tasked on something right after my summer at valcartier to see if i like it to wake up every morning and go work for the army not just the w-e .  I am also changing regiment from 12 RBC to 6e22r.

Now here's my question, Is my regiment going to be mad at me cause I stay only a few months at the regiment to ask my transfer?

They may.  They may not.  Sounds like a complete waste of your time, the time of the instructors in the Reserves, and the time of your gaining unit.  Why don't you save everyone some time and effort and just join the Regular Forces as an Infanteer?

Big burn said:
Secondly, Are the recruiting staff building my documents gonna be real tired of me changing minds in not too long and will it be longer because of that or quicker cause I just did all the test medical,pt,interview.

If you carry out your plan and join the Reserves, you will not go through the CFRC again until you go in for your final interview and enrolment.  You do a Component Transfer, through a completely different agency.  Read this topic on COMPONENT TRANSFER from the start and find out what the process is.

All right George, thanks for answering, It does sound a bit like a waste of time but the process is almost over and i'm done with the interview, i called the girl recently and she told me that it shouldn't be too long be4 i get started so i dont think i cant stop all this and ask for the regular service.

I dont know Can it be done?

I beleive only a primary reserve unit can reactivate you off of the supplemental reserve list.  I just went through this myself.  I was on the supp list and the CT guys -DMCA in Ottawa told me that they could not touch me until I was a reservist again.  They were under the impression that if you were on the Supp list and wanted to go reg force you would have to go to CFRC for the whole process again.  I dont know if its true, thats just what they told me.  My reserve unit was able to reactivate me pretty quickly though and that included a switch from army to navy and ncm to officer.

If you are looking at an army trade, I would suggest doing the CT to the reg force asap.  The sooner you get in there the better.  Ideally you would want to do your training in the reg force, that way there is no issue with not being granted equivalency ect...

I understand, but it scares me to put away everything i've done and waited for to stop all this and just ask for regulars, I really do understand i'd propably save some of my time but, i'm so close of working again that i'll just do that work and then transfer again, since i just did all the test, shouldnt be too long i hope so

Im not suggesting you stop your process.  Quite the contrary.  I am suggesting that what you are doing is probably your fastest bet.  Get them to reactivate you in the reserves and then start the CT process from there asap is what I would do.

Will your army unit be mad at you?  Probably. 

If you were to stop the process and go through CFRC to go reg force it would take you forever.

Then i guess in this story i can't just make everyone happy. As soon as I know if I wanna be reg, i'll start the process and leet them know.

So got my letter of offer earlier in the week and I ship out to Wainright for 01 May. I'm very excited, naturally, to start my Reg Force career. Thanks to everyone in the thread who gave me a hand!

One last question - what do you guys think I'm going to be  returning to the stores?

All the kit that you signed for from the unit QM...

So, maybe I am getting closer if I read into this.  You put your application in Dec 08, and I did in Jan 09.  I had an email stating they were going to the Career manager for a position, and that was two weeks ago.  I will not let myself get to excited though.

Back