• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Comments On This Photo?

pegged

Inactive
Fallen Comrade
Reaction score

http://fohguild.org/forums/attachment.php?s=&postid=182220

If this is wrong forum, or pic is posted incorrectly, just let me know.

that is ****in hilarious and sickly twisted at the same time hahahahahahaha

My goodness, personally I do not find that funny at all, I‘m sure his commanders wouldn‘t find that funny. That picture getting around the net does the Marines a great disservice. I hope his platoon or company gets a look at that picture. That, I hope, does not repersent the quality of troops in the Marine Corps.

If you can‘t see the humour in that, you‘re not gonna have much fun at all in the Army.

BTW, it‘s Photoshop.

Military personnel have a twisted sense of humour that most civilians don‘t understand. It comes from the environment that the military, and governments, puts them in. They‘re taught to kill and defend on command. It‘s what they train to do, with the sanction of the people they protect. In order to become proficient at what their political masters want and the population that employs them expect, they become jaded. The sensitivities of the every day person that live inside the cocoon of self righteousness, and the protection of these professionals, is sometimes shocked, overwhelminly, at what they have created on their own behalf. For the soldier, it‘s his way of warding off the guilt, nightmares and self loathing they feel at having to do such a miserable job so others, that asked them to do the job, can live comfortable and safe, with no thought to the problems of the outside world. It‘s called the "NIMBY (Not In My Back Yard) Protocol. The government treats them like shyte when they get home, and the population in general will not acknowledge his sacrifice. No doubt, this guy is going to get hauled on the mat for his indiscretion, but who‘s willing to step up and take his place. Think twice at what these guys have seen or done, on your behalf, before you condemn them.

That‘s the whole probelm with this day and age This photo could very easily be construed as funny. The problem is, unless you‘re living in a military junta where soldiers have free reign, military personnel will always be subordinate to civilian authorities and they most probably will not undderstand why he would make comments like that, ie the introdcution of programs like SHARP. In lieu of all his reasons, it was not the most prudent idea to post it on the web making it available to those civilian authorities who would love any ounce of ammunition they could get to cut military spending. I‘m sure some find it funny but in the big picture what will the person who pays his paycheque think about the serivce he‘s providing and is it worth his dollar. I sure do not want to give anyone a reason to take anything away from an already cash strapped service.

Originally posted by chk2fung:
[qb] That‘s the whole probelm with this day and age This photo could very easily be construed as funny. The problem is, unless you‘re living in a military junta where soldiers have free reign, military personnel will always be subordinate to civilian authorities and they most probably will not undderstand why he would make comments like that, ie the introdcution of programs like SHARP. In lieu of all his reasons, it was not the most prudent idea to post it on the web making it available to those civilian authorities who would love any ounce of ammunition they could get to cut military spending. I‘m sure some find it funny but in the big picture what will the person who pays his paycheque think about the serivce he‘s providing and is it worth his dollar. I sure do not want to give anyone a reason to take anything away from an already cash strapped service. [/qb]
You sound like a student.
-Too moral
-Self-rightious as h$ll
-Way too opinionated and NO life experience

All fired up to embrace any cause you see. Gotta grow a sense of humour...escpecially as an officer!

Enjoy your ignorance with the thought that you are in good company! :rolleyes:

Slim

Freakin‘ hilarious!

If it‘s photoshopped or not, it‘s still funny.

Some people around here need a sense of humour. :rolleyes:

BBBBWWWWAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAahahhahaha.....

lmao.gif

Regards

Okay - here goes ...
At first glance, the photo is funny - but yes, it‘s unfortunate the message on the cardboard wasn‘t in better taste (e.g. something more innocent, like "The heck with Saddam - when‘s the freakin‘ Wal-Mart opening?")

The message placed on the card by somebody using PhotoShop is a reflection of their particular sense of humour (i.e. not quite ready for Prime Time TV ...)

However it must be understood that the biting humour shown by some soldiers in an active theatre is predictable - anything to relieve the tension (and infinitely less harmful than unloading an M16 into the ground and forcing the young boy to "dance" ...)

He did not enjoy killing; he did so because he had to. This may give the impression that he is an aloof intense personality; on the contrary he is cheerful and modest, has a lively sense of humour, and makes mistakes like anyone else, though perhaps not so many of them ." [of David Stirling]
So - first of all, I‘d like to respond to chk2fung:
Your military career will be short and painful (for you) unless you develop a sense of humour.
Don‘t believe me? Okay - you‘ll find out the hard way (and, if you‘re tempted to mouth off and sputter indignantly - don‘t).

A sense of humor is part of the art of leadership, of getting along with people, of getting things done.
Dwight D. Eisenhower (1890 - 1969)
And, to prove the point that leaders still must be careful to ensure "a little harmless humour" doesn‘t go too far ... (BGen Kimmit is bang on):

US troops face Iraq abuse charges

Six US soldiers in Iraq have been charged over alleged abuse of detainees at Abu Ghraib prison near Baghdad.
The military police officers have been charged by the US Army with crimes ranging from assault and maltreatment to indecent acts against prisoners.

The alleged crimes involve less than 20 prisoners and happened around November and December, said an army spokesman.

The six MPs are among 17 soldiers suspended last month pending an inquiry into the alleged abuses.

"That is the kind of cancer you have got the cut out quickly," said Brigadier General Mark Kimmit.

Each of the six have been charged separately.

The charges include conspiracy, dereliction of duty, cruelty, maltreatment, assault and indecent acts with another.

They are due to face an Article 32 hearing - the military equivalent of a grand jury inquiry - which will decide whether the military should prosecute them.

It was unclear how long such a trial would take.

Brig Gen Kimmit said the 11 others - which include some of the suspects‘ commanders - had been investigated on supervisory issues.

He said the inquiry was complete, but the results not yet released.

Back