• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Comd RCAF says that “RCAF is not ready for conflict"

If there are any left....

I'm assuming that 'managed shortfall' is a euphemism for 'HR tailspin' ;)

But the lure of commercial pay cheques, especially for maintainers, may challenge an air force’s ability to hold on to its best people while managing a normal rate of attrition.

What commercial pay cheques? Unless they are talking about the $85k a year you'll make working nights for 20 years in heavy maintenance.

What commercial pay cheques? Unless they are talking about the $85k a year you'll make working nights for 20 years in heavy maintenance
Transfer the skills to other industries...

Turns out, if you're an Aircraft Technician, you can probably fix/maintain other things as well.

O&G, Mining, Energy, etc all pay beaucoup dollars...

The Gold Mine here will hire walk-ons off the street. $100k+ a year... just gotta demonstrate "mechanical/technical aptitude".

The Gold Mine here will hire walk-ons off the street. $100k+ a year... just gotta demonstrate "mechanical/technical aptitude".

That means you'll actually have to work for a living... I assumed "commercial" meant Airlines or other aviation shops, not unrelated trades.

I doubt people who complain about work-life balance and isolated postings are going to work for gold mines in isolated areas. $40/hour isn't going to cut it in Toronto working for Air Canada.

That means you'll actually have to work for a living... I assumed "commercial" meant Airlines or other aviation shops, not unrelated trades.

I doubt people who complain about work-life balance and isolated postings are going to work for gold mines in isolated areas. $40/hour isn't going to cut it in Toronto working for Air Canada.
Porter is the only major airline and n Toronto. Air Canada is in Mississauga ;)

#416vs905

But commercial pay cheques can also be working for the contractor who is providing the ISS for the fleets we currently have, or will have soon, which doesn't require all the other military duties that Techs hate doing. Even if the pay is the same, there is the opportunity for overtime and a known, predictable schedule.

My work-life balance is great! I can also assure you that $40.00 per hour is on the extreme low-end of the pay scale for these jobs.

Places like Timmins are hardly isolated, it's the size of Belleville. Fly-in/Fly-out is also an option.

Windsor has many openings. In that pay range.

But it going to get nuts around here soon.

Don't pretend you don't miss being ordered to attend $120 mess dinners where you're not allowed to take a piss.
I don’t think I’ve been to a Mess Dinner in a few years.

#RCAFStaffLife

Back