• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

CMMA - replacing the CP140 Aurora

EITS, come on brother, surely you can’t be surprised by this. It’s been telegraphed for a not insignificant time…

I think all of us will be shocked in LRP as this will be BRAND NEW INFORMATION!! 😁

Sure block 5 and 6 would have been interesting, but….SLAM-ER, here we come, baby!!

I note the word interesting and not neat/fun/effective…

comedy applause GIF by CBC

Apparently though, we in the RCAF and LRP fleet don’t know what we’re talking about - and Mr Roy should be running the show. 😂😂😂

I think all of us will be shocked in LRP as this will be BRAND NEW INFORMATION!! 😁

Apparently though, we in the RCAF and LRP fleet don’t know what we’re talking about - and Mr Roy should be running the show. 😂😂😂

Well, sure…if your sole goal is to direct large amounts of Government funds directly into the pockets of Bombardier, then of course we need to buy vapourware from them.

If, on the other hand, the goal is to get the White House and State Department off of our backs (and maybe get a warplane that actually works, for a change), then Boeing is the only game in town….

I read that entire article, and the few brain cells I have left are contemplating suicide now…Talk about a guy who should NOT be writing about defense matters! 😅

I loved his comment about how “the Boeing aircraft is most likely at the end of its life” when - in military circles - it’s literally like the new model Lambo that people are just starting to buy

I mean, they are based on the MAX...
Technically the 737-800NG, with 787 raked wing tips (I think they call it an EX or something, can’t recall precisely).

The MAXs have GE LEAP engines, not CFM-56s.

Well.... not the MAX, but the older 800, which WJ still uses. So, the nickname still applies.

Edit: G2G beat me to it
Most importantly, they don’t have MCAS software (although well-trained 37 drivers know where the elevator trim disengage switches are on the lower pedestal). 😉

Between the MRTT and the P8, looks like the value of RCAF pilots in the Real World will be inversely proportional to their proximity to the fighter community.
That's not really a new thing though? The multi-engine folks had a leg up on the ATPL time requirements.

Telling a fighter guy who boasted how his many takeoffs and landings qualified him to work commercially that he seemed ready to fly commuter flights from Ottawa to Toronto, as opposed to his multi engine peers who were ready to take on Transcontinental flights... Priceless.

Telling a fighter guy who boasted how his many takeoffs and landings qualified him to work commercially that he seemed ready to fly commuter flights from Ottawa to Toronto, as opposed to his multi engine peers who were ready to take on Transcontinental flights... Priceless.

Fighter guys/gals fly hands-on while the multi guys set it and forget it. 1000 hours on a fighter probably means 1000 hours of actual flying.

Fighter guys/gals fly hands-on while the multi guys set it and forget it. 1000 hours on a fighter probably means 1000 hours of actual flying.
For certain things sure. But routine patrol flights?
The F-18 flies itself pretty well, the F-35 flies itself better than the pilot.

SAR Herc and Aurora pilots and Flight Engineers enter the chat

A3DD1092-4C24-434B-8853-2BC0603355F6.jpeg

For the record - the CF18 has to be hand flown the whole time? Can you confirm it has no autopilot, etc?

Back