• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Close Protection Training

There is a new CANFORGEN out on applicants for CP.  Your chain of command should be able to provide more information.

dapaterson said:
There is a new CANFORGEN out on applicants for CP.  Your chain of command should be able to provide more information.
After it was passed down I asked my CoC to check the CANFORGEN and let me know what I had to do (if I actually am interested).

The link earlier in the thread stated it was open to Cpls to Sgts.  Is that still applicable?  Can a Pte apply?

I'm sure I will find out, but I'm curious right now and if anyone could answer that I would appreciate it.

You would think they (CFPM) would post the new CANFORGEN on their own site.  The old one is still there.

still want it to be opened to officers too! We're able bodied! Damnations!

DirtyDog said:
After it was passed down I asked my CoC to check the CANFORGEN and let me know what I had to do (if I actually am interested).

The link earlier in the thread stated it was open to Cpls to Sgts.  Is that still applicable?  Can a Pte apply?

I'm sure I will find out, but I'm curious right now and if anyone could answer that I would appreciate it.

I know I was told about it at my unit, and they still said Cpl to Sgt. I can be a Cpl pretty soon in the res, but that doesnt say much...for another thread I guess.

Cpl is a Cpl.A regualr force cpl dont outrank a res cpl.A WOis a WO,no matter if he has 26 years regular force time and 10 tours or a class A warrant with a cd.

X-mo-1979 said:
Cpl is a Cpl.A regualr force cpl dont outrank a res cpl.A WOis a WO,no matter if he has 26 years regular force time and 10 tours or a class A warrant with a cd.

yeah.... okay... try telling that to the WO who's got 26 years TI and 10 tours... see how you come out of that one.

Try telling a WO with a CD and mostly class A that he isnt... ;D

either way if your a cpl, your a cpl.We have many unqualified Mcpl's coming into the regular force from the reserve.they still out rank a cpl with 14 years.Rank is rank.As is a cpl applying for a CP course.

in the sense of rank yes, they are all the same, but if you want to talk about the WO or the CPL in the broader sense, no they are not the same.

Not all pigs are equal.

X-mo-1979 said:

It's called experience....the ranks are the same.         

Let's not get this going the way so many threads, like this one, have done in the past....spiraling down the drain.

Regards

X-mo-1979 said:
Try telling a WO with a CD and mostly class A that he isnt... ;D

either way if your a cpl, your a cpl.We have many unqualified Mcpl's coming into the regular force from the reserve.they still out rank a cpl with 14 years.Rank is rank.As is a cpl applying for a CP course.

Shhhhhh, please -- for just a 'lil bit. I'd so appreciate it (probably along with some others too).  ;)

ArmyVern
WO
19 & 5

So is there a new CANFORGEN out since beginning of Sept? I printed all the info off the DIN in the Sept, jsut waiting for the next selection as it states there are normally two per year. Seeing as they just had one I am thinking spring sometime.

Anyone out there done it yet? Curious to talk to you about it.

westie47 said:
So is there a new CANFORGEN out since beginning of Sept? I printed all the info off the DIN in the Sept, jsut waiting for the next selection as it states there are normally two per year. Seeing as they just had one I am thinking spring sometime.

Anyone out there done it yet? Curious to talk to you about it.
Last CANFORGEN I saw was dated Nov 07 I believe.  Didn't look much different then the one posted in this thread.  I could be wrong though.

Hello,

Please note there is a pin to commemorate Cpls Dinning and Payne who were killed on this CP tasking.

Regards,

RJS

http://www.vcds.forces.gc.ca/cfpm/intro_e.asp

For those interested but who haven't seen the message, the next Close Protection Assessment Center will be held mid-Apr with 31 Mar 08 being the application deadline.  All the good stuff, including the message, is here:  Close Protection Documents

Somebody mentioned earlier that infantry cannot apply for close protection. Which members of the Combat Arms can?

Nauticus said:
Somebody mentioned earlier that infantry cannot apply for close protection. Which members of the Combat Arms can?

To the best of my knowledge that has changed, you best bet would be to look through the CANFORGEN's for the change.

NL_engineer said:
To the best of my knowledge that has changed, you best bet would be to look through the CANFORGEN's for the change.
Excellent! Thank you.

It's open to all trades, Cpl to Sgt. Just have to pass the Assessment Center and you're good to go.

Back