• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Civil Engineering

joseph63000

Inactive
Reaction score
Good Morning All,
I plan on becoming a civil engineer and then joining the CF but I'm worried about my vision and how it will affect me to join. If I can recall correctly, to be a construction engineer officer I must have V3 vision. If I don't have V3 vision when applying, is there any other civil engineering profession in the CF that may accept V4 applicants?
Thank you

PMedMoe said:
So, your question wasn't answered here?
This is not about vision sir, you have misunderstood me.
This is about alternatives to Construction Engineering Officer if I hold a degree in Civil Engineering, in the Canadian Forces.
Thank you, Good sir! :)

Please don't call me sir, I am neither an Officer nor a male.

I would imagine that almost all of the Engineer trades in the CF require the same vision standard.  Why not call a recruiting centre?

PMedMoe said:
Please don't call me sir, I am neither an Officer nor a male.

I would imagine that almost all of the Engineer trades in the CF require the same vision standard.  Why not call a recruiting centre?
I apologize.
According to a chart I found showing some of the trades and their health requirements, only some engineering trades are V3, most are V4, but the one I want is not on there. However, the similar one is V3 (Airfield). If all engineering trades are with the majority (V4) then I should have no problem. I will contact a recruiting office as soon as I can.
Thank you very much, your help is much appreciated.
Again, I apologize for my confusion of your gender and profession.

Back