• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

CIC

• Thread starter Gunner_Robertson
  • Start date
Well the CIC is short by over 700 Officers across Canada. If you are Ret REG or P-Res and want to help the youth of CANADA contact there local Units in your Towns or City,they might need your help.

Cheers::

To all the CIC officers who frequent these dark coverts of the site: Is there anything covering job protection for a CIC officer who leaves his/her civvy job for summer employment at a training center? Or would you have to rely on the kindness of your employers hearts?

I‘m not sure, from what I have heard over the years there is the same protection for CIC provided for other officers of the CF.

I may be incorrect.

There is no legislation in place for job protection of any reserve force, CIC included, who takes a contract and leaves his normal job. Probably, the driving force behind that is that all of these contracts are voluntary. And until we require reservists to go on active duty, I don‘t believe there should be.

Oh wait. I may be thinking about school not job protection...

Sorry I forgot to add...

The reason I thought that was because my old high school gave CF members special treatment when they are called to serve, volunteer or train.

we had a member of the disaster relief team get an academic omit for missed work.

There is no job protection for the CIC Officer. We are the same as any other P-Res Officer,its up to your employer.

There is no job protection for the CIC Officer. We are the same as any other P-Res Officer,its up to your employer.

Ooo... seeing double now.. LOL

Well, most employers are pretty good about these things. Just as long as your good.

To become a CIC officer, you need to be 18 years of age, no criminal record and be accepted byt a local cadet corps Commanding Officer, the legion, the Army Cadet League and the ACO (Acting on behalf of the RCO).

You need to pass a medical exam and an entrance interview at the CFRC
You need to receive Enhanced-Reliability security clearance (cleared to view up to Protected B documents)

Also within the first three years of joining you need to take a Basic Officer Qualification course and either the Military Occupational Course or Junior Officer Leadership Course for your element, you must also have participated in SHARP, TREES and CHAP training, you now are almost required to have first aid (currently being phased in - a rumour on this one, but not a bad idea)

To become the training officer, you are appointed by the commanding officer. You usually have experience in admin and as a star level officer. Usually LTQ is a good course to have for this.

You cannot be in the PRes and CIC at the same time, what can happen is a member of PRes or Reg Force will volunteer their time with a unit.

Back