• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Christmas is coming, post gift ideas here.

Haha exactly!  My mother has already specifically stated that it can't be something on the list for BMQ because its "too impersonal" !

ohhenry5150 said:
My priorities have changed completely since I got an offer on Monday and I'm unsure what to say when my family asks me what I want for Christmas. I have been trying to think of things that will be useful in basic and beyond but because I'm new at this, I'm not entirely sure what would be useful in the future. I was thinking a Pelican case for my DSLR camera (for later on in my training), and some wireless headphones.

Do you guys have any ideas on what would be useful?

Please let me know if this is the wrong place to post this and I will move it ASAP.
Thanks in advance.
Happy holidays!  :snowman:

Watchminder. A watch with a vibration alarm - wake up without waking up the guys next to you, and even if the guy on shift before you fell asleep at his post.

Brasidas said:
Watchminder. A watch with a vibration alarm - wake up without waking up the guys next to you, and even if the guy on shift before you fell asleep at his post.
I had been looking at some Timex watches with vibration alarm, but I'm going to check this out as well. Do you have one? The website describes the alarm as "subtle"; is it strong enough to wake you up?

A buddy let me try his the other day. They don't lie about 'subtle'. No way it would wake me, though I'm quite the heavy sleeper. Maybe there's settings for vibration, I just tried it once.

ohhenry5150 said:
Do you guys have any ideas on what would be useful?

Maybe a watch?
http://army.ca/forums/threads/1953.0.html

Rheostatic said:
I had been looking at some Timex watches with vibration alarm, but I'm going to check this out as well. Do you have one? The website describes the alarm as "subtle"; is it strong enough to wake you up?

Not familiar with the timex. Watchminder woke me up six days into an ex with six hours sleep.

6 days, 6 hours of sleep? what? my head hurts just thinking of that.

It may be a little late for Christmas, but for the jokers we know (pun intended), here's an idea: 

http://www.makeplayingcards.com/

Playing cards (or any cards, really) with personalized pictures.  Our unit prankster got a set made for someone else and it caught on really quickly.

Back