• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Cholesterol

I'm not sure if there is a standard for this, but you might dig thru this website if you've got some time...

http://www.forces.gc.ca/en/about-policies-standards-medical-occupations/index.page

Cholesterol in itself isn't the 'end all be all' for aircrew medicals, they look more to the Metabolic Syndrome X factor from my experience;  that also takes into consideration waist circumference, BMI and blood work like cholesterol and, as you likely know, not just the #s for the high and low but the overall spread between them as well.

Thanks for the link.

It didn't really tell me much about cholesterol, but I did find out that Pilot needs 2/2/2/2/2/1 on the various factors.

The spread on my cholesterol wasn't terrible. My LDL was only a little bit too high and my HDL was only a little bit too low. I'm a young and tall guy and I exercise a lot and eat well, so my cholesterol being high was a bit of a surprise to me and to the doctor. But she had no problems with any of the other numbers on my lipids panel from a few months ago, and my blood pressure is really good, so I'm hoping that this won't hold me back.

Time will tell, I suppose, but it'd be a shame to have come this far only to be rejected because my LDL is a tiny bit too high.

Back