• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Chinese Military,Political and Social Superthread

PMJT doesn’t even have to apologize and sniffle and cry for this one…he just wasn’t advised about CSIS’ findings.

It’s Harper’s fault for not telling him, not his staffers…or dare to dream, Canada’s National Security and Intelligence Advisor.

Good thing we're not the US. Political leaders who occasionally say favourable things about Russian Chinese government; people who are politically well-connected making deals with Russians Chinese, allegations of Russian Chinese election interference...we'd be up to our armpits in conspiracy theories and special investigations.

^^
CBC Power and Politics had a full segment with its power panel. Paul Wells was especially cutting of the PM.
Trying find that on CBC so far all I can find is the interview with the Prof from Vancouver.

Good thing we're not the US. Political leaders who occasionally say favourable things about Russian Chinese government; people who are politically well-connected making deals with Russians Chinese, allegations of Russian Chinese election interference...we'd be up to our armpits in conspiracy theories and special investigations.
At least in the US, people were named, indicted and convicted of crimes related to those allegations. Here it’s crickets.

It is absolutely the Canadian way to ignore or pass these problems off to someone else. Igor Gouzenko defected and as far as I can remember we kinda shuffled our feet, mumbled and passed the problems off to the USA. Maybe someone can tell me if I am right.

The story isn't going to have the same legs it would have if the Chinese were interfering in favour of conservatives.

Another Podcast that questions the PM and PMO actions or inactions on the China interference file.

It starts at the 17:14 point

An interesting English language interview between a seniorr PLA "colonel" and a Deutsche Welle reporter on the sidelines of the Munich conference.

Putin can't win but he can't lose - perhaps China can't allow him to lose?
China has put the hems on a nuclear response.
China isn't ready to pick a fight with the US over Taiwan or anything else - China is still too weak. The US is still too strong.

Back to the latest revelations about election interference by Beijing…

I found Trudeau’s response extremely disturbing. First, his usual opaque “everything is fine, nothing to see” is not reassuring. Now we need maximum transparency. Are safeguards in place? Are people being investigated? Are “diplomats” getting kicked out of the country? Etc. etc. etc.

Secondly, he seemed more concerned that someone at CSIS was leaking this information than the integrity of our elections. I am usually not a fan of people who leak classified intelligence information, but sometimes people have no choice but to become a whistleblower when the government is not doing its primary duty: defending the realm.

But everyone’s reaction seems to be 🤷‍♂️

I found Trudeau’s response extremely disturbing. First, his usual opaque “everything is fine, nothing to see” is not reassuring. Now we need maximum transparency. Are safeguards in place? Are people being investigated? Are “diplomats” getting kicked out of the country? Etc. etc. etc.
If I was doing the investigating, this heat and light is probably the last thing I want.

If I was doing the investigating, this heat and light is probably the last thing I want.
My issue is the shrug from the PMO. IMO there is too much CCPC stink on too many LPC insiders (or Useful Idiots for a better term) that is allowing a foreign adversary too much sway within this country's public offices.

Back