• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

CF Recruiting Website Revamp- Navy focus?

Snakedoc

Inactive
Reaction score
Hello everyone,

I'm not sure how long the recruiting website has been revamped but I just visited it tonight and it appears that there is a brand new site up that I havn't seen before.  The new site appears to be more multimedia focused but there are still some kinks to be worked out as some of the links do not work and I was not able to find 'MARS officer' within the available jobs within the Navy job search. 

Also, I tried entering the site 3-4 times just to make sure but it appears that the welcome screen features a Navy frigate everytime with a link caption at the bottom stating "experience the navy."  In addition, for the couple times I tried clicking around the site, as the page loads there are Navy facts and quotes on the screen.  Is there a more navy focus on the new site and hence the CF's recruiting strategy in general?  Has the CF finally seen the light??  ;D

I did a search and I didn't find this posted anywhere else but feel free to let me know if that is not the case.  I personally like the new site but someone with a slower internet connection might not.  What are people's opinions of the new site?
Check it out: www.forces.ca

Cheers,
Snakedoc

Snakedoc said:
Hello everyone,

I'm not sure how long the recruiting website has been revamped but I just visited it tonight and it appears that there is a brand new site up that I havn't seen before.  The new site appears to be more multimedia focused but there are still some kinks to be worked out as some of the links do not work and I was not able to find 'MARS officer' within the available jobs within the Navy job search. 

I've been on the site before. I was able to find MARS officer in under a minute. I would link you to it, but couldn't as that version of the site is flash. It is there... it's listed in its full name of maritime surface and sub-surface officer not as MARS. Maybe that's how you missed it? Either way scroll over JOBS click JOB EXPLORER click ALL than it is on the 5th row, 3rd from the end.

I did a search and I didn't find this posted anywhere else but feel free to let me know if that is not the case.  I personally like the new site but someone with a slower internet connection might not.  What are people's opinions of the new site?
Check it out: www.forces.ca

Cheers,
Snakedoc

New site is nice. Depending on your connection etc., you don't have to view it in flash. Prior to entering you can click for the html version which is also nice.

Back